Chapter 29 - New November (Faith POV) Pt.1

Chapter 29 - New November (Faith POV)Pt.1

Knowing what I did now when I looked back upon my life back on the mountain and the safe house, it's painfully obvious that I hadn't been actually taking care of myself properly. I had panic attacks frequently but I always thought out in the world, there are children, teens that are experiencing this exact same turmoil when one of their parents ventures outside for supplies.

I was wrong, so far from the truth.

Everyone doesn't experience frequent panic attacks when someone they care about leaves the house. So readjusting my norm took some time, I had been working on it for nearly five months, to the point where now I only had panic attacks few and far in between. However the burning in my lungs as I ran, I couldn't be certain if it was from exertion or if I really was in the middle of an episode.

I was having trouble put things in order, or even finding labels to put the problems in at the moment, so when I enter Nova's office, panting, my hair wild, my cheeks probably heated from the run or flushed from the cold, the receptionist eyes me than the clock. While I may have had an appointment that day, it wasn't until after school, a few hours to go.

"Can - can I see - see Nova," panting out, wincing when the burning I was feeling in my throat seemed to manifest into a stinging pain on my arm. Pushing that aside, though, I watched with my chest rising and falling rapidly, as Kelly typed on her computer below and before I could say anything else Nova came out from her actual office, worried.

"Faith? Are you okay?" she asked concerned, "How did you get here?" she looks out of the one-sided glass not spotting Samson's, Ansel's or Kalenah's cars.

"I walked, but then I jogged until I was running," she flitted around her waiting area getting a small cup and filling it with water and coming back to me. "Come let's speak in my office," she murmurs.

Nodding I try to take a step but my legs, calves they all feel tingly and from behind me, "Ilamar Kalenah, por favor informarle de qu la fe está aquí," Nova tells Kelly to inform Kalenah that I'm at her office in Spanish.

Still near Kelly I add, "decirle que no se preocupe sin embargo," tell her not to worry, though, in the same Spanish that Nova spoke to Kelly. Although I knew very well that Kelly spoke English, maybe today they had decided to speak in Spanish... I don't know.

Kelly's eyes widened, and she coughed, while Nova just chuckled although I didn't understand just why. With my shaky legs and disorganized thoughts, I went to the adult session room, sitting in the spot I had since day one.

"I know that you aren't okay, especially since you're here outside of your scheduled time, and before you start speaking, I just want to say that I'm so honored and proud that you didn't run away or isolate yourself, that is very promising."

"Now that I've said that - why don't you tell me what warranted this emergency session?"

Now that I was where I wanted to be, it was like I had lost my ability to speak, "Why don't you just start anywhere Faith, then after we work through whatever you've mentioned..." Nova said calmly, but her eyes betrayed that external calm she was displaying.