Chapter 21 - My Bottom Line (Brennan Conrad POV)Pt. 2

Hey everyone :) Hope you enjoy and THANK YOU for the comments and voting, because of you guys Loving Ashlynn is #27 on the Werewolf Hotlist :)

Chapter 21 – My Bottom Line (Brennan Conrad POV)Pt. 2

"So you, Devin, Thaddeus and I? Does that sound good?" My younger sister Harleigh asked me impatiently, confirming for the hundredth time that we would all go see a movie in town together. Rolling my eyes but still appeasing her, I nod once more, "Yes, I'm sure that'll be fine," I shrugged.

Distracted I immediately zone out and pulled back when Devin and Taylor approach us, Devin walking right into my arms. For the briefest of moments, I ignore Taylor and Harleigh, loving the feel of my girl in my arms. "Hey Bren," Taylor speaks up, and when our stares connect she continues, "Just wanted to say thanks..."she says shyly, shrugging.

When I gaze back at her utterly puzzled about what she is referring too, I only get a blank stare in return. Without much time to dwell on her gratitude, Devin pulls me away and I leave Harleigh with Taylor. Walking around Bend, I decide to take Devin out to dinner, enjoying the afternoon before I have to take her back to the dorms. The sun getting ready to set, I pull into the school student parking lot. After I've placed the car in park, immediately, Devin moves over, straddling me, winding her arms around my neck.

"Thank you for taking me out," she croons, swaying from side to side, right over my junk. Resting back, I sigh contently, but my good mood goes to shit quickly, "You know what would be even better?" a slow smirk grows on my face.

"Not that... I cannot even think about that when Taylor is in so much pain," my grin drops, "Why haven't you spoken to Samson yet? You said you would," Devin reminds me of a moment I'd rather forget.

Huffing, I straighten up, slowly moving Devin to her own seat, "Don't be mad, I'm just wondering, I – can you talk to him before the Halloween party at your house?" she gazes at me with a soft loving gaze. Resting my head back, I sigh closing my eyes, nodding eventually.

"Thank you babe," Devin coos, kissing my neck, up to my jaw until her lips mold against my own. Slowly I'm lost in everything Devin, wound up and oblivious. A loud bang on the window jerks us out of our compromising position and I could curse Miller, who is laughing outside my car, dirty blonde hair whipping every which way. "Really – really out here where everyone can see you ya'll," he cackles, the rest of our friends joining in.

My Devin, the shy girl I grew up is the one I turn too, her cheeks flushed, tips of her ears red, she waves and jumps out of my car, after a hurried goodbye. In no state to step out of the car, I just reverse when she's made it inside her dorm building, my tires squealing in protest as I race home.

The drive is shorter, or maybe it's my distracted mind, but soon enough I'm just outside the garage. Parking, I head around back and from above I overhear a whispered conversation. "Faith is going through some things Sam, she isn't pushing you away because of anything you've done, she's just in her own head right now and she needs time..." not one to spy or hide in the shadows to listen in on private conversations, I went back the way I came. Lost in my thoughts I walk right into a hard material I assume bouncing and tumbling backwards, my hand immediately goes up to my face holding the right side of my face. Blinking up, squinting I focus on the object and see Thaddeus fuming above me, his eyes deadly, razor sharp teeth bared as the blues of his eyes are replaced by the silver-gray liquid.