December 2nd, 2015

December 2nd, 2015

          "This year, Ophelia is enjoying the snow. Her face lit up when she saw it begin to fall last night, she's been keeping a close eye on weather reports for the last few days. Something that once resembled an awful place and a wretched time in our lives, now brings her joy. That alone is a valid reason for why I think things are going to keep getting better. How could they not? Aside from knowing people are looking for me in particular, there isn't a lot threatening our lives anymore. Not compared to how it used to be. A year and a half, it's a long time, but we've been comfortable for a long time now.

          To no longer look over my shoulder ever single day, to come home and realize I forgot to check if I'd been followed, it's slightly unnerving but mostly exciting. Less time spent worrying meaning more time to simply enjoy life, including the little things. It didn't take Ophelia long to appreciate the little things, because she always did. The way she looks at everything from the snow to the newspaper, to the people she sees every day, somehow it is always with gratification. But then the way she looks at me... you still look at me with wonder, O."