May 26th, 2015

May 26th, 2015

        "We had quite the shock; the whole world had quite the shock.

       The entire world could have ended, and there was nothing we could do to stop it. It amazes me how when we are faced with such incomprehensible things like this Ultron, it hardly fazed Ophelia and I. Around us the world was in a chaotic state, the Avengers fighting a monster they had created, to stop the world from extinction. People like them, people like Tony Stark, they don't understand the bad they do until the damage is done. How can a man who creates weapons like Ultron be much different from HYDRA? Both of them want total control, though someone like Stark would never phrase it like that.

       O asked if I would have done anything had I been given the chance. I wouldn't. If I could be given a clean slate, if both of us could, I'd go back in a heartbeat. But the world will never understand what we are, best case scenario we'd be locked up and scrutinized, studied. Worst case scenario, HYDRA would find us again. Only I know HYDRA -O does too, in different ways- I know what they'd do to her, I know that they would make me sit there and watch as they killed her, or made me do it. That's why we can't go back, that's why we can't be seen. It's not because I'd be set upon the world again, it's because they wouldn't hesitate to kill her this time around. I saw their creations on the TV, the news showed two faces; Pietro and Wanda Maximoff.

         HYDRA will never stop; maybe they've moved on to different weapons, accepted that O and I are long gone, but they will never be gone entirely. Their motto will always ring in my ears, Ophelia will always think of it when she sees that scars on her stomach. It's a part of the world as much as the scars are a part of her, and my arm is a part of me. Foreign and out of place, but still there.

        I watched on the TV, I read the papers for the days after it happened. I get to watch from the sidelines as Steve saved the world once again; he deserves the praise that he gets. Whenever something like this happens, something this catastrophic, I know O and I become less and less in the spotlight. Less people are looking for us, less people care. When the world is in turmoil, we become safer."