September 21st, 2015

       "She took it well; the idea of running. I could see she was worried, worried that I had a valid reason for bringing it up in the first place. I admitted to her what made me think of it, and she simply smiled; I think she really appreciates that I listen to her. Every word she says, I take it in like I'm a sponge, absorb it and hope I can remember it for the rest of my life. That's what happens when someone gets inside of your head -the way HYDRA did- once you're free from it, you want only to remember everything, to have control over everything in your life again.

        There are things I cannot control, but overall, everything in our lives is our doing now. Our work, our home, our relationship. It's all the things that we want, things we work for. No one has told us to do this or do that, and I suppose that is freedom. We live for the little things, the things we see in each other, the feeling we get when we see each other. When I was... me, the old me- I didn't take the time to appreciate things like I do with O. But there is one thing I look back on and realize I haven't changed too much; I was always there for Steve. No matter what sort of trouble he seemed to get himself into, I was always by his side, always there to stand up for him. I miss the way he was, the righteousness. O has a similar righteousness, but she has a rugged darkness inside of her that comes out here and there.

       The Huntress, that was what they called her.

       A version of O that I never really understood, especially now, because I've seen how good she is. To know that she had been like me, once upon a time, she'd been just like the Winter Soldier. It doesn't make me happy, but it does put me in ease to know we both had that. We both struggle with it, the history and the violence. That's the difference between Ophelia and Steve; Steve is good to the core, but Ophelia has seen the same darkness that I have, and that's why we can be together.

        I wonder if she has ever linked with Steve since we've been gone.

       Just to see where he is, how he is doing.

       I'd ask, but then I might give her the idea to do it if she hasn't already."