September 28th, 2014

         "The last few weeks have been hard on her; two jobs came and went. She's really beating herself up about it, but her determination has not dwindled. She's since followed up on two other jobs; I'm worried that even if she gets one, she might have a hard time adjusting. She was brought up to hunt, to kill, and to obey. And yet, she's good to her core and she has an optimism inside of her that never seems to fade even at the worst of times. After everything we've been through, this is just a tiny speed bump in our way.

            It won't take long for people to see her as I do; she's full of optimism, she's a hard worker, she's determined. One of my favourite things about Ophelia is that she hasn't yet adapted to every part of daily life; I haven't either, but I certainly have had an easier time getting back into the swing of things. The world has changed so much since I was last myself, but overall most of it is still the same. I've had to teach her how to cook so that she doesn't starve while I'm at work, but she rarely uses anything that generates heat. Still, she can make the basics. One thing I have noticed that she cannot seem to remember, is to bring a towel in when she showers. The closet is just outside the door, but it never seems to strike her until she is finishing up.

           She'll call from the bathroom in a slightly embarrassed tone, and I'll bring her the towel; she doesn't seem to mind if I see her. And that's fine, she's beautiful. At the same time, I find myself nervous around her like that. I want to... Never mind."