February 8th, 2015

February 8th, 2015

        "Since the scare, the conversations between us have certainly become easier. It is as though we finally broke down that final wall, even though we've seen almost all of one another. Now we know better; we know that we have to communicate, otherwise everything we have might come crashing down. That's a fear of mine, though I know it is unrealistic. The world is unpredictable, evil, dark, menacing. But I know that nothing can come between Ophelia and me anymore. Not HYDRA, not my own thoughts, not her thoughts.

        Each day I grow less afraid of losing her; the idea still scares me, but I do not think it will happen anymore. At first I did, those first few months where we were both struggling to keep our heads above the water. We latched on to one another, holding on as though we were each others life lines. It is amazing how even when I was battling in my own head, I somehow made life easier for O. And she did the same for me; I don't believe in fate, but I do believe that Ophelia and I are meant to be together. Some days I feel as though we were both structured and built to be with each other, but the building was never easy. We were broken down to the base, pushed outside of the laws of humanity, and I do believe that she is not just the only person who will ever understand me, but the only person who will ever love me.

     That's not why I stay.

     I stay because I love you, O."