Majaine's Diary

"So, then I told my uncle that I would not, in fact, become a curse breaker because I don't actually like goblins. Well, some of them are okay, but they have scary faces...... I don't mean to sound racist or anything.... Although, is that even a race? I'm not really sure.... I guess I should look that up, I mean, I don't want to sound stupid or anything --- "

"Majaine, Majaine, Majaine! Will you please take a breather and maybe continue the story?" Seamus interrupted me exasperately.

I was sitting in a compartment with Seamus and Dean telling them about my Christmas holiday. Dean always looked completely engrossed in my stories and since I was always completely engrossed in him, I didn't realize that Seamus was getting annoyed.

I humored Seamus by over exaggerating my breathing. "Well, that's actually it, really.... Although, I did learn a new fact! You wanna hear it?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah, go ahead and tell us, Majaine," Seamus said in a bored tone. I ignored him since Dean was nodding enthusiastically.

"Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if it is injected into the blood."

"I'll remember that next time I want to kill someone," Seamus said.

"That is really interesting. You are so smart, Majaine," Dean praised, making me blush scarlett.

Everyone always told me that Dean likes me but he hasn't done anything about it. That's another reason why everyone calls me dumb; they say that I'm the only one who doesn't realize that he likes me. I hope for it.....but I'll believe it when I hear it from him.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Seamus announced as he got up and left the compartment abruptly, leaving Dean and I alone.

"So, Dean, how was your holiday?" I asked.

"It was fantastic. It was great seeing my mum again. You know, I think my mum would really like you. She's big on random facts; she knows alot of useless information," he paused awkwardly, "Not that what you say is useless or anything....."

"If you think about it, some of it really is useless. I mean, when are you going to need to know that dreams about dirty water may signal that the unconscious mind is telling the dreamer that they are not healthy. You might be confronted with it that one day but the odds of you having that very same dream are unlikely. Dreams are peculiar, really..... Have you ever had one of those falling dreams? You know, the one where you're falling off of a cliff or something and then you jolt awake? I haven't had one of those in awhile.... Those are quite scary honestly. I don't enjoy them. I enjoy most of my dreams though......"

"I never really remember my dreams, actually...."

"Well, that's unfortunate! Dreams are a window into the future! I don't mean to sound like Professor Trelawney or anything. My mum would always tell me that though and she's a muggle so it must be true! Not that I'm saying muggles are always right because if they were then we wouldn't be going to Hogwarts right now, would we? Oh, yeah! I just remember something! Did you know that there are 200 million insects for every human? Isn't that insane?"

"That is insane. So, that's already 400 million between me and you?"

"Yeah, it would be 400 million. That's alot of insects for two people. Can you imagine if they took over the world? We wouldn't have a chance." We both laughed at the mental image of millions of insects attacking everyone. "Actually, that would be quite scary.....," I said, trailing off at the end.

"Don't worry. If there were 200 million insects coming for you, I'd step in front and take the impact."

The blush on my cheeks, that only just left, returned. Dean looked extremely nervous and his voice was audibly shaking when he said, "Majaine, there is something I need to tell you."