Olive's Diary

Will I ever forget my name? Well, God knows what awful pranks George and Fred will pull, so I'll just write it down just in case. Olive Beaumont, known around Hogwarts as the flirt, the tease, the downright cockiest. But, I love the attention, I mean, who doesn't? Well, obviously my friends don't as they would rather steer clear of their crush, scared to even talk to them. Who am I to judge? I set a bad example to a bunch of fifth years. However, they're all I've got; most of the Ravenclaws are dull and not worth my time –well, except Frankie -, so I'd much rather hang around with my true friends, Dani and Charlotte.

And who is my crush, I hear you ask? No one. I live off the attention of all boys, not just one. People have suggested I have feelings for my best friend, Fred. I can’t even write that down without laughing.

Me? Liking a Weasley? They must be joking. Sure, Fred likes me; I heard it from Oliver, who heard it from George after one of their Quidditch matches two years ago. He’s never acted on it though, and neither have I. He knows my life is centred on the game with Kayla, and nothing but the game.

I fear I'm wasting too much of my time writing this, because I know I'm going to chuck it in the bin on a later date, so... Adios.

Tucking the diary back under my pillow so no one could unknowingly read my thoughts for the day, I scuttled out of my dorm and headed to my first lesson.

Oh great, Defence against the Dark Arts. I used to love that lesson, but now that pink covered freak took over our rights to actually pick up a wand, I really couldn't give a rats ass about the subject anymore. We didn't learn anything, so why bother?

"Mr. Davies, Miss Beaumont! Do not interrupt me while I am speaking," Professor Umbridge's irritating voice boomed through the spacious classroom. Obviously she saw me and him chatting away about grabbing our wands and hexing her. Whoops. "Who do you think you are, disrespecting a member of staff like that?"

I lifted my head up sluggishly from my desk, patted Roger on the knee to warn him that I was about to speak, and rose an eyebrow. "I think I'm Olive, Professor Umbridge, why do you need to ask such a silly question?" I asked innocently, trying to act the part.

Hearing the student’s snigger from behind me only stirred me on more, making Umbridge clench her jaw in pure disgust. I knew she had never taken a liking to me, but to be fair, I couldn’t care less what she thought about me.

"Just get on with your work," she shrieked, but then calmed down and softened her putrid facial features, "Class, I shall be gone for a few minutes as I am needed by Professor Dumbledore. Keep on reading page thirty seven of 'Defensive Magical Theory' and if anyone leaves this classroom while I'm away, I will have no choice but to give you a detention."

With a giggle and an obviously forced smile, she left the classroom and, to no surprise at all, the murky, dusty room then became filled with endless chatter coming from all of us.

"Olive, you sure know how to piss a teacher off," Roger complimented me, sending me a flirtatious wink that had me laughing in my mind. Was that boy serious? A Ravenclaw thought he had a chance with me? Actually, I do need to score more points for my little battle... So let the games begin.