Kayla's Diary

Dear Diary,

It’s only going to be a quick note today to mention Maeve’s birthday tomorrow. We have planned a party in one of the spare dungeons to celebrate; Draco and Blaise got the food and drink whilst we were in Hogsmeade at the start of the month. That was one of the more exciting days we’ve had since being back at Hogwarts this year. The rest of the time has been taken up with classes and OWL’s. I am sick of hearing about those stupid exams – we all know what they are and we have to pass them – so just leave us to it, jeez. We aren’t all as stupid as those Hufflepuff oddities. I’m better than everyone at Charms class and still we are forever being lectured by the teachers on doing better and working harder. And what’s with all the homework? Give it a rest!

Well, it’s bound to be a blast, whatever happens. And I’m pretty sure something is going to happen. I will make sure something happens because a party isn’t really a party if it ends without something happening that everyone can gossip about in class the next day, is it? So my mission tonight is to create a scene… not difficult really – my outfit is show stopping and everywhere I go I cause a scene. Sorry. Not really, I love being the centre of attention. And my main target for said scene is one Draco Malfoy. I can’t wait. Ever since Hogsmeade I’ve wanted him even more, if that’s at all possible. Which it must be, because I just need him all the time. I want him and I feel sort of hyper and nervous all at the same time every time I see or think of that blonde hair and those silver eyes. His smirk is quite possibly the sexiest damn facial expression I have ever seen and I think I may even l-

I stopped there and put my wand back in my shirt pocket. I couldn’t believe what I’d nearly written. I don’t love anyone – no one. I shook my head and looked around the empty dorm room. Thank God no one else is in here I thought as I screamed and threw myself backwards into my pillow. My blonde curls writhed around my head as I buried my face into the soft fabric and kicked my legs in a tantrum.

NO! I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. I am not a three year old and I cannot breakdown because of Draco Malfoy. I slid of my bed and slipped on my black heels to go to Transfiguration. See if I can’t find that Beaumont girl on my way. She thinks she so much better than everyone
else – she really isn’t.

I left the Slytherin Common Room with a group of fifth years and struttedup the corridor to the Entrance Hall, where I found, as luck would have it, Maeve, Aurelia and several of the Gryffindor skanks including Olive Beaumont. The group already seemed to be in an argument, which was just
perfect. I could take out my emotions on them rather surreptitiously. I slung my arm around Maeve and winked at her; before smiling brightly and sarcastically at the Lions.

Olive smiled back smugly. “And what do we owe this oh so lovely meeting, Kayla?” she asked in her irritating voice.

“Excuse me? You’re the one making this riot and intruding my common room,” I answered her smoothly. She looked back at me incredulously and I just flicked my hair at her and smiled sweetly. She took this as signal to pat my head.

“You really think you’re the ‘it’ girl? Well you clearly haven’t remembered our little contest. You see, I’m winning by eight to six,” She waved the parchment with the guy’s names on it in my face, flicking my nose repeatedly. “You can’t beat me at my own game Kayla Boo; I’ve been at Hogwarts two years longer, meaning two years of much, much more experience.”

Oh she is so annoying. I have not forgotten about our little competition. Maeve’s birthday will correct that annoying lead and I shall beat that prissy, blonde haired, stuck-up Gryffindor. I bit my lip as she smiled toothily at me and walked away with her friends, blowing a kiss back at me. Oh, she is so infuriating. I started after her retreating figure but Natalie and Aurelia held me by my shoulders to stop me slapping her stupid face. Instead I just yelled after her; always having to have the last word.