Chapter 14: What did you do?

..."Bella. What did you do?" Emily asked frowning and froze.

"I'm sick of this stupid hair" Bella cried.

"Honey. You could have asked and I would have taken you somewhere" Emily said standing up and walking to hug Bella.
Isabella dropped everything she was holding and just broke down.

"Honey" Emily said picking Bella up and sitting on the bed. She rocked her a little as Bella cried.

Once she calmed down Emily said.
"Let me see"
And Bella stood up. All Emily could see was a mess. Bella only cut one side but it was all uneven about shoulder length.

"I didn't do it right" Bella said her voice thick.

"We can fix it. Calm down" Emily said squeezing Bella's hands.
She picked up the seizors and thought about trying to fix it but she never really cut hair before and she didn't want to make it any worse. She looked at Bella and said "I think we should go see a professional" she smiled.
She knew Bella probably cut it because of how her dad was always talking about her long hair and how much he liked it. She grabbed Bella's hand and walked out the door.

"Mom I can't go out like this" Isabella said looking worried.

"You look fine honey" Emily said with a sweet smile.

"I look ridiculous" Bella said serious but unable to control a laugh in the end. Emily smiled and took the hair elastic she had in her hair and made a bun on Bella's. It looked better even though some locks were short and were falling out.

"There you go. Now it's better" Emily said.

"I'm so stupid" Bella said.

"You're not stupid." Emily stared at Bella and turned to open the door. "I'm sure you'll look cute with short hair" she said.

"I hope so" Bella said and Emily smiled.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

The car ride was quiet. The only hair salon Emily knew was at the mall so she went there.

"I'm sorry mom" Isabella said with tears in her eyes.

Emily realized it had hit her what she had done. Isabella didn't think it through, she went to the bathroom and when she stared at herself in the mirror the memories of her dad doing her hair while she stood on that same place came flushing in like crazy. She reached down to the cabinet under the sink, got the seizors and started cutting.
She acted in the moment and she regretted.

"It's okay. It's gonna be fine. It's just hair, okay? It grows back" she said giving Bella a hug. "And you're a Prentiss, baby. Our hair grows like crazy." Emily said smiling at her daughter.
"Come on. Let's go." She said taking off her seatbelt.

They walked to the mall and Bella didn't want to let go of Emily's hand.
At the hair salon, they had to wait for 13 minutes since they hadn't scheduled. The hairstylist was completely understanding when Emily told her that Bella cut it herself.

"You would be surprised at how many children come here with this problem." The lady said.
"You don't worry. We'll fix it and you're gonna look good" She said giving Bella's arm a squeeze. "Just swear to me you'll never do this again." She smiled.

"I won't" Bella smiled back.

After getting it washed, cut, dried and styled, Bella sat up in front of the mirror. She actually liked it.
"It feels so weird" she said.

"Feels lighter, right?" The hairstylist said.

"Yeah. It's weird."

"Do you like it?" Said the hairstylist and Bella shyly nodded yes.