Chapter 57: Forgiveness

*** Back in the "present" time... 9 years after Isabella's birth

.

.

...

(Tuesday)

Present time...

Washington D.C.
September 7th.

After staring at the ceiling for a while thinking about everything, Emily decided she should sleep. It was getting late and she had to go to work in the morning. She headed to bed and laid right next to her daughter who was fast asleep. She moved closer to the girl and ran her fingers through the child's hair till she fell asleep too.
She was so happy the trip was a success.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Emily woke up that Wednesday with the alarm clock at 6:30 and woke Bella up.
"Hey Bella. Wake up. Time for school" she sang and the little girl stretched and opened her eyes.
"Good morning" Emily said placing a kiss on the child's forehead.

"Morning mommy" Bella whispered.

"Let's get ready?" Emily said and Bella nodded. Emily got ready for work and Bella got ready for school. They ate breakfast and headed out.

"Are you excited to be back?" Emily asked as she parked the car.

"I guess so" Bella said not sounding very excited.

"Anything just call me." Emily smiled and wrapped Bella in a hug.

"Okay" the girl said.

"Do I need to pick you up early like we had talked about?" Emily asked.

"No" Bella said and Emily tried to not look so surprised but she failed.

"What?" Bella asked embarrassed.

"Nothing" Emily smiled. "I'll see you 3:30 at the office then." Emily said smiling and Bella headed to the school.

.

The morning went great for both of them. Emily did a lot of paperwork and told her friends how the trip went. Everyone was very happy about it.

It was 3pm when things changed.
She was at Penelope's office when Rossi walked in.

"You have a visitor" he said and Emily walked out with him.
She froze as she saw Jeremy waiting for her at Rossi's office.

"What is he doing here?" Emily said walking up the stairs.

"Hi" she said walking inside the office.

"Hi. I'm sorry I came without calling but I just..." He started.

"You want to see her?" Emily said. She didn't know exactly how she felt about that.

"Yes" he said.

"I don't know if today is a good idea" Emily said. She didn't know if Bella was ready for that. The girl had not mentioned him since that night when they were watching tv.

"I just want to apologize" he said. "I have to apologize" he said.

Even after everything he did, Emily felt bad for him.
"You can wait here. She'll get back from school in a while and if she's up too, you guys can talk" she said and he looked thankful. "But i won't force her to talk to you" she added.

"Okay" he said nodding understanding.

"I have to go back to working now" Emily said and walked out.

"What does he wants?" Rossi asked.