Chapter 27: Friends

Isabella woke up around 5:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. She thought it wasn't worth to wake her mother so she got up, took a shower, got dressed and sat on her bed and started playing on her iPad. She stayed there till Emily walked in at 6:32 to wake her up.

"Oh you're all ready?" Emily asked surprised.

"I woke up early" Bella smiled.

"Alright so I'm going to shower and I'll meet you downstairs for breakfast, okay?" Emily said.

"Okay" Bella agreed and went back to playing on the iPad.

Emily went to shower and it wasn't long till she was ready.
"Let's have breakfast, Bells" she called heading to the stairs. Isabella placed the iPad on the nightstand and headed out. She had cereal and Emily just had some coffee and a toast. Then they got their things and headed to the car.

On the way to school Bella mentioned the movie on Friday.

"Well of course I can take you guys" Emily said.

"mom, Gavin said he goes alone sometimes" Bella said.

"what do you mean alone?" Emily asked.

"like without a parent. Just with friends." Bella explained shyly.

"You're 8"

"And..?" Bella smiled.

"Oh so you just want me to drive you there?" Emily asked smiling.

"sorta" Bella said shyly.

"How about you invite him over tomorrow after school and I'll drive you guys to the movies?" Emily said.

"really?" Bella asked excited.

"really" Emily smiled. She knew Bella would be alright and she wasn't planning on leaving the parking lot anyways.

"But will he come home with me after school?" Isabella asked.

"No baby I'll be working." Emily said. "See if he can stop by around 5. You go to the office after school and we'll be home before he gets there. Okay?"

"Sure. Can I invite Chloe over too?"

"Of course" Emily agreed.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

The day at the school went okay. Bella just hung out with Gavin and Chloe and they talked about their plans. They decided to watch a movie that started at 7:30 so they'd have plenty of time to just hang out.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

At Emily's work, Emily had been working from the office with JJ and Penelope non stop since she got there. Around 11 JJ and Emily had been reading files and working on a profile for hours.

"This is gonna take forever. I should call a sitter tonight cause Will is working late too" JJ said.

Emily then thought about Bella spending a school night at the office and she didn't like the idea at all, especially with all the pictures they had hanging around there now.

"J. I'm gonna make a call and I'll be right back." Emily said standing up and JJ nodded yes. Emily walked to a more private area and called Hilary.
"Hello?" Emily said.

"Hi Emily" Hilary greeted.

"Hi. I'm sorry for bothering you at work" Emily said embarrassed.

"Oh no it's okay. Is everything alright?" Hilary said smiling.

"Yeah. It's just that we got packed with work today. The team is out on a case and I'm working from the office and I don't really want Bella around this stuff, you know? And I'm probably going to work till late so I was wondering if you could keep an eye on her for me?" Emily said.