CHAPTER 8 : THE HOUSE

The stone road we had been walking on before continued underneath the gate and mad a giant driveway that could fit at least 10 cars in it.  In front of the drive was a double garage.  In my opinion, it was silly, because this was the only house for miles.  The nearest village was probably 100 miles away or something like that, so there wouldn’t be that many visitors.

Next to the garage was a lovely little wooden summer house with chairs and a table in it.  It was very pretty and looked really cosy.  There was a little window at the side of the house, and the double doors had thin glass panels at the top.  The handle was metal and there was a lock and padlock underneath it.  There was a little wooden step to get up to it too.

Next to the summer house and all around the freshly cut green grass were flowers.  Beautiful flowers of all colours and sizes, all with long, green stems. 

There were two large trees in the centre of the garden.  One was an apple tree and the other was a pear tree.  There was another gate at the opposite side of the garden next to a brick wall.  The gate was much darker than the other two and it led to the back garden.

At the edge of the grass there was a wooden fence.  It had been painted turquoise.  It needed repainted, because some of the paint was peeling off.  Behind the fence was a huge field.  It was easily the size of the clearing in Forks, probably bigger.  Behind the field was a forest.  It was not the same as the one we just came from, this one was all brown and dead.

I peered around the dark gate to get a look at the back.  It was much smaller.  There was a big shed and a coal house.  I wondered what they would need coal for. 

This garden was made with pebbles.  There were stone stepping stones all over the garden.  At the back door was light brown wooden decking.  There was a large fruit and vegetable patch next to the coal house.  Across from that was another few flower beds.  It was very pretty.  The whole garden was pretty.  There was even a few old stone statues next to the flowers.

We all walked up the small stone path leading up to the house.  The path was made by hand.  I could see that each brick had been laid with care and perfection.  Only vampire hands could perform such a task and get this result.  At the end there was two small steps and some more flower beds.  The garden was filled with flowers and plants and they made it a very nice place to be. 

Down the steps there was a stone patio area.  This would usually be decking at another house, but there was already decking at the back.  I thought decking would ruin the scenery.  The stone patio makes the garden more picturesque.  It was a very beautiful feature of the garden.

In this little area there were plants in pots and wooden chairs in the corner.  Opposite the chairs was a little hedge next to the painted fence.  I now saw the little steps up to the fence, and there was a gate there as well.  I looked back at the field and smiled.  I had an idea and I would bring it up later.

The house was very large.  It had 3 floors and an attic.  The bricks were a dark red and orange colour, and most had dirty marks on them.  This house was a few hundred years old and had also been built by a vampire.  Some parts of the house were in better condition than other parts.

There was 3 clean, big glass windows on each floor, except the attic, which only had one.  The frames were white plastic. The roof was curved.  It was amazing how such architecture was possible.

There were two dark wooden trellises to allow plants to grow up the wall.  The plant growing up the wall currently was like a long flower stem.  I didn’t know much about flowers and plants, so I didn’t know the names of many of the flowers in the garden.