CHAPTER 9 : BASEBALL

CHAPTER 9 – BASEBALL

“Nice to meet you” the brunette smiled “I’m Sareeca” she put her hand out for me to shake.

“Nice to meet you too.  I’m Bella” I smiled at her, took her hand, shook it then let it drop.  She smiled back.

I smiled encouragingly at the quiet, shy blonde girl.  “I’m Táchira” she stammered shyly.

“Nice to meet you too Táchira.  As you probably already heard I’m Bella” I stuck my hand out in front of me for her to shake.  I smiled at her again and she shook my hand timidly.

Just as we dropped hands, Renesmee, Jacob and Edward came marching through the door.  Renesmee was properly marching and she must have instructed Jake and Edward too as well.  I looked at them and they both rolled their eyes.

“Hey guys.  This is Sareeca and Táchira” I introduced them.

“Hello.  I’m Edward.  Bella’s husband” Edward introduced himself politely.

“Nice to meet you” Sareeca spoke for the two of them.

“I’m Jacob. A friend” Jacob muttered.

Best friend.  Mine and Renesmee’s.  And I am sure you and Renesmee will be very happy together in the future ” I cut in.  He smiled at that briefly then put his head down.

“Like a brother to me” Edward added.

Jacob huffed in embarrassment.  “Nice to meet you” Sareeca laughed.

Renesmee decided to go all shy.  She hid her face with her hair and hands.  Edward introduced her.

“This is Bella and I’s daughter Renesmee.” He said.  “You can call her Nessie if you want.  That’s what a lot of people call her as a nickname”  he added when he saw their confused expressions.

“Nice to meet you Nessie” Sareeca nodded in Renesmee’s direction.

Renesmee lifted her face and grinned a full grin.  “Hi” she smiled.

I looked out the window and saw the field again.  I lifted my shield again to ask Edward about my idea, but like I usually did, I had given him a fright again and he fell on to the sofa.  It was unexpected for him to hear my thoughts, as he went for over two years not hearing my thoughts.  Everyone laughed at his startled expression.

“You need to stop doing that.  It gives me a heart attack every time.  Tell me the next time “ he said, breathless from the fright I had given him.

“Sorry” I muttered.

“What did you do?” Sareeca asked, confused but curious.

“I’ll explain later.  But now I have an idea.”  My shield was still open, so Edward could still hear my thoughts.  He had a big grin on his face at the thought.

“Great idea” he beamed.

“What?”  Sareeca asked.  She was really confused.

“Sorry.  Do you want to play baseball?” Edward asked.

Well I do.  What about you guys” Nahuel butted in.

“Sure” Sareeca said enthusiastically.

“Yeah” Huilen answered.

Táchira nodded her head.  She was so beautiful and sweet, but so shy.  I felt sorry for her that she didn’t share her sister’s confidence.

The rest of the family had heard our conversation.  They went to get all the baseball things.  They must have a baseball room, as they came down with so many things.