22 - Some call it love

After mum took me out shopping, she made sure that I had gotten vanity products like nail polish and make up. In other words, things that I found utterly useless and would never use in a life time. She didn't seem to think so, though. She spent slightly more than five hundred dollars on the whole thing, and she paid unflinchingly. I mean, if I had ever spent that much on anything, much more useless items like make up for a daughter, I was going to go into a depression. 

She had still continued to get clothes which she thought were going to look well on me. I simply let her take me to different places, and let her force me into the dressing room to try on the things I would never wear in a lifetime. She seemed to be in her zone, so I allowed her to. 

I didn't want to hurt her again. 

By the time we got home, I took a shower and all I wanted to do was to sleep, but she was having none of it, because she made me get up and then she took out the things from the bag and then handed them out to me. She made decorate my room, which was pretty barren since I had moved most of the things to the attic. Then, sat me down on the bean bag as she painted my nails, which I think she did, mainly because she wanted to do something that she felt comfortable in doing. 

When dad poked his head in, I had begged him to save me, but he seemed to find the scene rather funny, so didn't do anything. That was pretty nasty of him, to be honest. I mean, he left me with my mother who had just spent a hell load of money on me, with nothing that was really very important. Well, except for the starbucks break we had, but still!

So, I was left in the mercy of my mother for the rest of that night, and I felt like I had been dragged through Miranda-hell. I couldn't exactly call it girl-hell, because I was sure my mother wasn't the only person who would indulge in inferior beauty products. I heard it was pretty common throughout those from the female gender, for reasons that puzzle me. 

But I guess I was an odd duck.

And maybe mum's makeover of me was not such a bad thing, well except that I was getting constantly laughed at by Terrence, who made me suffer since I first woke up, where he pretended not to know who I was, and kept demanding to know where Miranda was, and that he tortured me for hours, telling me how feminine I looked. But it was really all worth it on Monday at school. 

Mum had forced me to get up early that morning. I groaned, because it was six, and Terrence was not yet up. Also that mum told me I wouldn't be allowed to eat until she was done, and that she made me take a shower which I didn't enjoy. Basically, I felt that it was too early for a makeover, but with my mother, she didn't seem to think so. In fact, she seemed to enjoy my misery as she ate right in front of me. 

When Terrence had come to see if I was ready for school, or to wake me up, he pretended not to notice that I was there in the room. "Mum, have you seen Miranda? I can't seem to find her!" 

Mum seemed to find the whole situation rather amusing. "No, Terrence," she sighed. "When I came in, I just found her," she said, nodding towards me. "Whatever did I tell you about bringing girls home, Terrence?"

She had no idea how wrong that was. A horrified look that crossed my face was mirrored on Terrence's. "Umm..."

"Come on, Terrence," I said, getting rather embarrassed. He nodded and we both left. 

"You look nice," he told me. 

"I had better." I said. Mum kept pulling painfully at my hair, and it had hurt. And she had also made me keep very still, as she put my makeup on. I was once again thrown in Miranda-hell when she covered up all of my freckles and made me look beautiful. She had pleated my hair in french plaits and actually made me look nice, despite the hideous colour of my hair. Then, she covered my lips in something that tasted rather nice. That was probably the best thing.