9 - Some call it love

The kiss that we had shared was on constant replay in my mind, and nothing could seem to slow down the moving images in my mind. My stomach was constantly in a battle with itself, as I tried my best to make it stop churning, but to no such luck. I woke up once again that night and sat up in my bed. I jumped down and then downed the remains of the glass of water that was on the table under the bed. Climbing back to my bed, I stole a glance at my window, where the curtains were open. 

In Connor's room, I could see that his lights were still on, which either meant that he was awake, or afraid of the dark. Since I highly doubted the latter, he was probably still awake. I sighed inwardly, as I wished so hard that I could just gain the courage to send him a text or something. But I was that much of a coward to tell him how I felt about him. Because in real life, no one actually has the courage or no guy actually has the balls to tell the girl that he likes her, because that is simply not how things work. 

I groaned and then turned to my other side and squeezed my eyes shut, willing my sleep to come, but it never did. I stayed up almost the whole night trying to sleep out the memory of what had happened just now, but nothing but the constant replay of it greeted me when I closed my eyes. I willed it away, but the blissful darkness I had come to miss never came. If I concentrated hard enough, I would have been able to feel the feeling of his breath against my own lips. 

Or maybe that was just my own breath, being unable to sleep for a long time. 

Eventually, I managed to force the images out of my head and finally sleep in peace. 

"Miranda! Wake up!" Terrence urged, shaking me and removing the blankets from my body. 

"I'm tired," I mumbled trying to snatch the blankets back from him. "Besides, school doesn't start in two hours. Why are you awake?"

"Just wake up," he hissed. "I need you to do something for me!"

I opened one eye to look at him sleepily. "No."

"Come on, Miranda! Please! It's your poor brother Terry here asking for help! Please, Miranda!" He begged. 

The corners of my lips turned up in a slight smile. "No."

"You leave with no choice," he sighed. "Connor!" 

My eyelids flew open as they should have. Terrence smirked at me as Connor walked in and I curled up into a smaller ball, wishing for my blanket back. "Go away," I mumbled. 

"Sorry sweetheart," Connor's voice whispered into my ear, giving me the chills I could only wish was from the cold. "No can do, darling!" He said, lifting me up with ease. I screamed in fear. More like squealed, but the fear was there. Terrence carelessly tossed open my drawer and threw out a pair of jeans, a T-shirt and one of my hoodies. 

"Time to go," he said, tossing my clothes into my book bag and Connor dragged me out of my room. I was literally being kidnapped in my own house because of my stupid brother. My parents would be dead asleep at this time in the morning, and so would I, if it weren't for my brother and neighbour dragging me out of my own house to do something stupid. 

Connor tossed me carelessly into the car as he settled next to me. "Nice jammies," someone commented from the front. I screamed when I realised that it was Derek. Honest, why the hell does Terrence want to have a party in the middle of the early morning?

I mumbled something incoherent as I settled myself at the backseat of Terrence's car and embarrassingly, on Connor's lap. His hands stroked my arms slowly, lulling me into a deep sleep I was never going to enjoy. I snuggled into the less-than-comfortable leather seats as Connor pulled me closer to him. I wasn't complaining, though. He was warm and warmth was something that I was craving that particular morning.