25 - Some call it love

"Terrence!" I shouted as I ran across the airport and straight into his arms. Most sisters would never dream of doing something like that, but the difference was that I wasn't most sisters, and Terrence and I had a pretty good relationship together, and six days was too long of not seeing him.

"Nice to see you too, Miranda," he chuckled, putting his bags down so he could hug me.

"There's so many things I need to tell you!"

"For example?"

"Hey guys," Connor mumbled shyly behind me.

The boys all chorused their greetings to him. Derek's was particularly excited. He rushed over to Connor and gave him a hug. No doubt who his crush was. I smiled inwardly, and then Terrence just kept his arm slung around my shoulder and smiled. "I see someone talked things through." He kissed my forehead and watched as Derek excitedly explained how they had won the game without him.

"Poor guy won't have a chance, though," I sighed, referring to Derek. Terrence laughed.

"I doubt he ever had the chance before, anyway."

I laughed and then rolled my eyes. There were plenty of other parents there, welcoming their son back from England. I guessed it must have been a really big thing to have been sent overseas for a week for a big competition which the boys had won. If I were one of the mothers out there, I would certainly be very proud of my son. I mean, it meant that he had already a ticket to probably some amazing university in the country of the English, which may and may not have included a scholarship. If that wasn't amazing, I didn't know what was.

It was such a shame that Connor didn't attend, but with his current progress, I highly doubted at least one of the Ivy League schools would pass him by.

Amazingly, among the girlfriends that were all among the crowd, Marie was one of them. Terrence and I exchanged a look before I winked at him and went to look for my own boyfriend, who was, surprise surprise, with Derek. The both of them were like two peas in pod. And they got along like bread and butter. I really needed to think up of better metaphors.

Connor noticed me lingering by, and then pulled me closer to him. Derek grinned at me. "Hey, Ginger! It's been a while since I've seen the both of you together!" I couldn't help but think that he was jealous, but I then I figured I shouldn't make fun of him about it, considering he was the only one next to my brother who would actually talk to me willingly in school.

I smiled at him in response. "Hmm, how was England?"

Connor groaned, as Derek went into all the fun things that they had all done. Without him. I knew that it was, in way, torturous for Connor to listen to Derek talk about all the fun that they had - without him. It must have really sucked that your annoying ex-girlfriend caused you to miss the most fun he was probably ever going to feel in his teenage years. Poor him.

I - on the other hand - regret nothing!

Adding insult to injury, Derek then added, "You should have totally been there! It was epic!"

Another groan, amusing me.

I figured I'd get the best amusement out of everything by adding fuel to fire. Wait, I think I used that wrongly. I think it's more of adding salt to injury. Or is it rubbing?

Anyway, the point is, Conner was obviously unhappy about missing out a trip to England. But I figured that it was pretty amusing to see him so upset about something he could've changed. But I couldn't help it. So when Derek asked Connor how his week had went, the widest grin ever spread across my face.

"Yeah, Connor," I replied, amusement evident in my tone. "How was your week?"

He scowled at me. "Spiffy. I went to my ex-girlfriend's father's stupid party, only to be ditched by her for some other guy."