Chapter Sixteen - Saya Cintamu

“How was your date?” Jeremiah bravely asked his best friend.

They were sitting in front of the television watching a movie about friends who decided to spice up their friendship and make things interesting and complicated with extra curricular activities that benefitted the two of them.  Jeremiah sat with his legs stretched out in front of him, his ankles crossed  and resting on the coffee table.   A giant bowl of popcorn was on top of his lap, his fingers bringing kernels of popcorn up to his mouth every few seconds.  Skye sat next to him with her legs crossed, a book opened in front of her so she could take notes.  Her hair was up in a top knot exposing her neck and her nape and it took all of Jeremiah’s will power not to suck on her sensitive flesh there.

“Do you really want to know?” Skye asked him without looking up from her note taking.

“I guess,” Jeremiah ate some more popcorn.

“Jer, we just got past the awkwardness.  Why bring it up?”

“Because I want to know.  I want you to talk to me.”

“I’m really sorry about the whole ‘room mate’ thing, by the way,” she looked up at Jeremiah.  “I didn’t mean anything by it.”

“I know you didn’t.  I’m not holding anything against you.”

“I’m really sorry.  You can retaliate the next time you want to introduce me to your friends or future dates.”

“I don’t want to date anyone else.”

“Jer…”

“I don’t,” he stuffed a popcorn kernel into her open mouth, effectively cutting off whatever else she was going to say.

“Well, if you really want to know, we had a great time.”

“Oh yeah,” he goaded.

“Yeah,” she replied and went back to reading her book.

“What did you eat?”

“Salad.”

“Skye?  Eating a salad?  What?!” he chortled. 

“Hey, the dress I wore was skin tight.  I was scared it would bust at the seams!” she jabbed a finger into his thigh lightly.

“You looked hot,” Jeremiah said while he kept his eyes glued to the flickering television screen.  Skye turned her head to look at him, but he acted like he didn’t just compliment her.  “Please tell me you wore underwear underneath that dress.”

“Jeremiah!” she shrieked at him and jabbed her finger into his thigh again, harder this time.

“What?!” he finally turned his head to look at her.  “All I’m saying is, I was staring at your ass the whole time, and I didn’t see any panty or bra lines for that matter.”