Chapter Eleven - Ai

Jeremiah scoffed as he read Skye's text message.  She rarely made a public appearance on a night out on the town and now she wanted to go out on a date with that Dylan guy?  Unbelievable, he shook his head.  He knew his text was cold when he told her to make a reservation and not comment on her wating to go on a date with another guy, but what did she expect?  That he'll be giddy about it and put a bunch of smiley faces on his text back to her?    He shook his head again, trying to shake the mental image of Skye out on a date with this Dylan guy.  His blood boiled.  He couldn't even imagine it, but what more when he saw it for himself?  Disappointment clouded him before he decided to take a cold shower to lessen the hurt and anger he felt.  He wasn't even sure why he was hurt and angry.  He hadn't said anything to Skye about how he felt about her, even went on dates with numerous women right under his best friend's nose in the hopes that he could get over her.  But now that she was genuinely interested in a guy, he felt sick to his stomach.  He had no right to hold her back, but that was the one thing he wanted to do.  Stop her from falling for Dylan...or at least delay it until he got the courage to come clean and be honest with her.

Meanwhile, Skye retouched her lipstick using the mirror in the back of the sun visor of the passenger seat of Pia's car before climbing outside of her seat.  She checked her reflection in the tinted glass before walking with Pia to the restaurant's entrance.  She wore a black cropped racer front sleeveless tank top with a full zipper in the back.  She paired it with a brick red woven pleated skirt that was a little bit high waisted and fell mid thigh.  The skirt had a velveteen floral pattern that made it more luxe.  The crop top and skirt gave the illusion of a whole dress, but if she raised her arms, it would show a sliver of skin on her flat stomach.  She kept her legs bare, showing off her creamy skin, and wore the red pumps that were gifted to her by Mary.  She brought a black shawl to put over herself to ward off the slightly nippy temperature, but eschewed wearing a full coat because she wanted to purposely show off her outfit.

She and Pia confidently strode past the host's table, calmly telling the woman behind the counter that their party was already waiting for them inside.  Skye immediately spotted Anthony, Jeremiah's friend from high school, in the seat facing the door.  She spotted the back of Jeremiah's head in the seat across from Anthony.  She didn't know Anthony was back in town.  Last she heard, after high school, Anthony went on a world wide tour on his parent's dime.   She hadn't kept in the loop about him since then; it wasn't like she was close to him.   He still looked the same, still blonde and muscular, but he sported a more mature face.  She smiled as she noticed him staring at her, appreciatively raking his eyes from the top of her head to the tip of her toes.   Anthony craned his head to get a better view of her, and she continued walking in their direction with Pia in tow. 

Jeremiah noticed his friend's sly grin and uneasiness.  "Dude, what's up with you?" he asked with one eyebrow raised.

"The sexiest woman I've seen in a while just walked into the restaurant, and she's walking this way.  She is smoking hot, dude!"

"What?  Where?" Jeremiah laughed at his friend's antics.

"Back off, she's mine," Anthony said a little too possessively.

Jeremiah chuckled.  "For now.  I'm sure once she sees me, it's going to be 'Anthony who?'" he goaded.  "Is she really that hot?  Or have you been around elephants too much in your recent African safari and any woman will do?"