Chapter Thirteen - Yeu

Skye bounded into Jeremiah's room at five thirty in the morning. She had on black yoga leggings, a yellow shirt, and a light blue zip up hoodie. She had her socks, but no shoes yet. She saw that Jeremiah was still lying face down, sleeping soundly like a little baby. She carefully climbed on the side of the bed that he didn't occupy and started jumping up and down.

"Jeremiah Adams! Wake up!!! Wakey wakey, artichokey!" she said with a giggle.

Jeremiah groaned and turned his head to face the other way. That move only made Skye jump up and down more vigorously. Jeremiah turned his head to face in her direction again and with eyes still closed, tried to catch one of her ankles. She playfully jumped just out of his reach, laughing louder this time, and watched as he opened one eye.

"S, stop!" he said with a husky voice.

"No! You promised me a hike, now come on! Get a move on, buster!"

"What time is it?"

"5:35. I've been jumping for five minutes already! Now come on! Chop chop!"

She playfully kicked him on the side with her foot, her big toe hitting a particularly tickling spot. She moved her foot up under his armpit and tickled him there. He flinched at her actions; he hated getting tickled. He pulled her ankle lightly, making sure not to pull her too hard, and she fell on the bed. He grabbed her waist and began tickling her with his fingers, knowing her ticklish spots, because they were the same as his.

"Jer!" she whined. "Mercy!" she begged him.

"You showed me no mercy earlier," he continued tickling her.

"Mercy!" she begged again. She hated getting tickled as much as he did.

He stopped and even in the dim lighting, the only source of light coming from through the door from the hallway light, their eyes met and held. He moved his hands from her waist to her hair, tucking the strands that came loose from her pony tail, and rubbing her cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"S, you're the only person I know who would go to sleep at 2 in the morning and have the energy to be up three hours later."

Skye smiled at him and used her index finger to wipe some sleep from the inner corner of his eye.

"Jer?"

"Hmmm?"

"Go brush your teeth."

She giggled and wiggled free from his hold and ran to the kitchen. She decided to make a pot of coffee for the two of them while he freshened up and got changed into his work out clothes. He came out ten minutes later, wearing sweat pants and a matching hoodie. He marched right up to her and exhaled right into her face, showing her how his breath now minty and fresh. She smacked his shoulder lightly and laughed. She handed him a mug of coffee with no added cream or sugar; Jeremiah liked his coffee black.

After they finished their coffees, Jeremiah drove them to Runyon Canyon through the Mulholland Drive entrance. Skye followed Jeremiah's lead and stretched her limbs before going on the hike. Jeremiah led her down the easy trail, he didn't want her body to go into shock that much. He walked at her pace, making sure she was alright. Whenever he felt her slowing down considerably, he would wait for her to catch her breath and gave her some water. It was a cold morning and the sun had just risen.