Chapter Five - Kärlek

"Hey Jer, you called?" Skye picked up her best friend's call as she was sipping on a cabernet sauvignon. The culinary tour made it's way to the Napa Valley where the group was enjoying brunch and wine tasting.

"Yeah, I haven't heard from you in a while. I thought you dropped off the face of the planet," he told her as he reached for his black bag from the luggage carousel.

"You're the one who dropped off the face of the planet!" she laughed. She knew the reason for his trip away was for business and not pleasure.  He was busy with his very important client meeting and concentrated on that the past few days. "Are you already back from your business trip to Phoenix?" Jeremiah worked in advertising, the reason he and his boss had a client meeting in Arizona.

"Yeah," was his short reply.

"How was it?"

"It went well. They liked our pitch."

"That's wonderful," happiness for her best friend's achievement evident in her voice.

"How's San Francisco?"

"I am having the best time ever!" she said giddily.

"Sounds like you're having a delightful time."

"Oh, I am, and oh, it is. I'm falling in love with the city of San Francisco a little bit more day after day. It's so beautiful here, such a different culture than Los Angeles."

"You're only saying that until you get tired of walking those hills and driving through the fog," he chuckled at her. "You're only still seeing the city through rose colored lenses."

"Well, San Francisco is definitely charming and romantic..."

"Romantic? Skye? Is that you? Since when were you a romantic?"

"Since now," she let out a girlish giggle. "It must be all the wine I've been sampling doing all the talking for me. I'll make sure to bring a couple bottles of reds and whites for us to share when I get back."

"Skye Garcia, getting buzzed before noon. Who would've thought it?" he played with her.

"Oh hush. I'm 25 now, I think it's okay to bend the rules a little.  As the saying goes, it's 5 pm somewhere in the world."

"I knew I should have gone with you. You alone in the big bad city of San Francisco has made a rebel out of you."

"Jer, it's been such an incredible trip. It was nice to have this experience alone, you know? I felt like I got to know myself a little better; my likes and dislikes, things of that nature.  I got to show to myself what I am capable of, to prove to myself that I can do things I never thought I could."

"I'm glad, S. I'm glad you've had this time for yourself."