Chapter Fourteen - Kdei​ Sraleanh

Pia sat comfortably on Skye's bed as her best friend hobbled around her room like the Tasmanian devil, virtually emptying the contents of her closet, leaving clothes strewn all over the bed and stacked up on the floor.  Skye still walked with a slight limp from her ankle sprain, but that didn't stop her from trying to find the perfect outfit to wear on her first date with Dylan.  She stood in front of her full length mirror holding a red dress up against her torso.

"What do you think of this one?" Skye asked her friend without turning around to look at her.

"You would look stunning in it, just like the other 25 dresses you held up against you earlier," Pia teased her.  She tired Pia out, a certified shopaholic, which said a lot about the craziness that was going on in her room.

"I don't know, Pia.  Maybe we should go to the mall.  What do you say?"

"S, we just went shopping last week.  I'm sure you won't find anything at the mall that you haven't got in your closet already," Pia laughed.

"I know, it's just...I'm so nervous!  This is putting lessons one and two to the test.  What if I fail?  What if I'm still not good enough, huh?  What then?"

"Skye, he called you up and was excited to see you.  I'm sure you are not going to fail," Pia stood up and walked to her friend.  She placed both hands on Skye's shoulders in reassurance.

"I'm freaking out, Pia!  I have no idea what I'm doing.  What if this was just a friendly date, just two friends hanging out to catch up?  I don't want this to be a friendly date."

"It won't be.  First of all, you're going to J and Fifth.  Friends don't casually dine at a fine dining restaurant."

"But I'm the one who brought that up to him in the first place."

"Yeah, but he agreed to it."

"Only because he hadn't even heard of that restaurant before."

"Okay, S, can you please stop being such a negative Nancy?" Pia pinched her side.

“I’m trying!  I’m just really nervous, you  know?  He could be the one…”

“Wow, such advanced thinking, S!” Pia squealed.

“I’m not getting any younger, Pia.  Do you remember when you were fifteen and you thought 25 was such a far off age?  Like you thought 25 was so old.  I thought I’d be done with college, have a wonderful career, be married or at the very least, be in a serious relationship…I guess two out of the three isn’t so bad,” she laughed.

“I know what you mean.  But here we are.  25.  It all happened so fast, the last ten years.  S, do what you have to do.  I’m here to support you.  Just don’t forget, I’m the maid of honor at your wedding.”

“You goof!” Skye threw the dress she was holding at her friend.  “I need a husband in order to get married, and I don’t even  have a boyfriend yet.”