Chapter Ten - Rakkaus

Skye had just gotten out of her car when she felt someone fall into step with her and poked her playfully on her side.  She yelped at the sudden movement and turned her head to the offender.

"Hey, pretty lady!" her best friend at work said to her.  Pia worked in the admin side of the pharmaceutical company Skye worked for.  Like Skye, Pia was Filipino, but slightly taller and had a more tan complexion than Skye.

"Hey!"

"How was your vacation?"

"It was great!"

Pia looked at her friend's giant grin.  "I can see that.  I haven't seen you smile like that since before the..."

"I met a guy," Skye interrupted her friend.  She didn't want to think about the reason for her abrupt trip to San Francisco just yet.

"What?!" Pia's jaw dropped.  "Really now?" her eyebrows wiggled up and down.

"Yes," Skye said with a giggle.

"Well, tell me more," she said as they entered the office building.  They stopped by the cafeteria to get some coffee before beginning their work day.

"His name's Dylan O'Connell."

"Sounds sexy already!" Pia said with a squeal as she poured herself a cup of hazelnut coffee.

"Oh, he is!   He's half white and half Korean."

"Pictures please!"

Skye reached into her purse and took out her phone.  She showed him a few pictures of them toasting wine in Napa Valley and a few solo shots of him being goofy while they strolled through some vineyards.  "That's him.  Mr. Wonderful, as Jeremiah has aptly dubbed him."

"Oh my goodness, Skye!  He is H-O-T, HOT!  Score!" Pia latched onto Skye's arm and squeezed her like crazy.  "Dylan O'Connell!  Rawr," Pia continued to tease her friend.  "Jeremiah has seen these pictures?"

"No, not yet.  I just told him about Dylan over dinner last night."

"So, has that lit a fire under the boy's butt yet?" Pia knew of Skye's hidden feelings for her best friend.

"I don't know, and I don't care," Skye said flippantly.

"Really?" Pia smirked at the other woman.

"Yes, really.  I told you, it was time to move on.  It's been ten years, Pia.  I can't put my life on hold anymore waiting for Jeremiah to notice me.  Besides, weren't you the one who always keeps telling me that there are plenty of fish in the sea."

"Yes, that's right, and look!  You've caught the eye of Mr. Wonderful..." Pia said dreamily.