#TuesdayPost(Review on The Girl He Left Behind)

The Girl He Left Behind by TahliePurvis

All Stacy ever wanted was Alex, she's loved him for years but he never sees her

All Stacy ever wanted was Alex, she's loved him for years but he never sees her. Alex finally notices her because he thinks she's easy. He uses her and she lets him, believing that he'll fall for her. Though, once word gets out of their arrangement, boys line up, wanting her to please them, wanting to use her. Afraid of what others would say, she accepts, and is labelled a slut. Stacy accepts the label, living up to it, acting the way other people expect her to. But Stacy hates the label, it's not her, and all she needs now is the courage to shake it off. However, it may be harder than she expected.

Most Wattpad book have common characters, there's the bad boy, the nerdy girl and then that one girl who always tries to steal the main female lead's love interest. In other words, the one titled as the slutty one. And really all of this, it's just slut shaming, because this one girl, she has more depth; some sadness, some reason why she throws herself at guys, why she wears "skimpy" clothes and "cakey" makeup. This book explores that. It's about Stacy and why she does what she did, why she became what society told her to be. It's a book against slut shaming, ignoring labels and becoming your own person.

This book is definitely an interesting read, one that talks about the other side of the classic good girl and bad boy Wattpad story.

By Tamanna
(tamaska01)