Thursday Hangout with LeighWStuart

Everyone behave yourselves and be in your "responsible Wattpadian" attitude. Today we have Wattpad Ambassador Leigh Stuart with us for today's Thursday Hangout (Block party special)

Hello Leigh 😀

Before I get started, let me pass around some Swiss chocolate. Good chocolate is like love, you know, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Coffee, anybody?

Now, just to clear up a little something about ambassadors, we're not here to police anyone. I'm the same you. I come to Wattpad for the reading, to post my stories and most of all to have fun with my friends.

I actually have two accounts here on Wattpad: LeighWStuart for horror, fantasy and some sci-fi, then BindingTies for romance. I'm an eclectic reader so naturally, I'm an eclectic writer!

You seem to be involved in a host of things, so we'll take them at a time. The Ambassador program, why'd you sigh up?

Back when I first joined Wattpad, I noticed a few members who were ambassadors and I thought that was something I would never be chosen for. Then one day, as I was clicking around for information, I stumbled on the Ambassador info book saying applications were open, and I thought, why not? I loved the community here so much that I wanted to give back, and what better way than to volunteer a bit of time? I couldn't actually believe it when they accepted me!

And then there's the "proud Wattcrastinator" what's that about?

The Wattcrastinators are a group of die-hard Wattpadder friends who would rather spend time knocking around in Wattpad than doing just about anything else! We tell dirty jokes, we bomb porches, we TP profiles and go gnome chasing and treasure hunting together!

I am also a part of the @RomanceSparks group through my second profile, bringing readers stories to fall in love with and having wonderful chats on Wednesdays on Twitter!

On the writing side, I contribute short stories to Tevun-Krus, the fabulous sci-fi e-zine that Ooorah hosts and I will be guest writing articles for the new and incredible Wattmag, put together by dlwritesbooks.

On being a writer, how many stories do you have at the moment? Mind taking us on a tour of your virtual worlds?

Currently, I am posting two full length stories on my LeighWStuart profile; Lessoc Fountain and Ferocious. I think this quote is terrifyingly true, and works for both of them:

 I think this quote is terrifyingly true, and works for both of them:

I am trying my hand at horror for the first time with Ferocious. It's been a rocky, difficult road, I have to admit, because it is harder than I thought to be in my characters' minds for their journey. Ferocious inspiration:

Lessoc is already finished and I'm posting as I revise

Lessoc is already finished and I'm posting as I revise. I absolutely love this story about solitude, broken souls and magic. I especially love Hector, the horse who is dying and seeking redemption for his past when we first meet him. He is silent, so writing him as an active character was a great challenge, but very rewarding. Here is how I picture him:

I have a couple of handfuls of short-stories on my profiles and in the Tevun-Krus e-zines

I have a couple of handfuls of short-stories on my profiles and in the Tevun-Krus e-zines. And if you love exotic vacation flings, head over to my BindingTies profile and check out Two Tickets to Paradise, a completed, featured story.

Besides what you see on Wattpad, I have dozens more stories either incubating or in preliminary stages of writing. I wish I had a clone to get them moving! When I have a moment, I'll jump back into the realm of steampunk and get a new episode done for Nabel, in The Wrench Assistant:

 I wish I had a clone to get them moving! When I have a moment, I'll jump back into the realm of steampunk and get a new episode done for Nabel, in The Wrench Assistant:

You're soon to be published with City Owl Press, how'd that happen and how's it coming?

A couple of months ago, I participated in the Twitter #PitMad (you pitch your book and editors and agents like it if they want you to submit to them). I got a few likes and gave them all a shot. Mary from City Owl loved my Christmas romance (The Twelve Dares of Christmas) and I'm currently editing so we can get it out for this holiday season!

Down to the talk of town, Wattpad Block Party. Is this your first time at the event?

Yes! And I'm very excited!

What makes it special for you?

This is another one of those dreams I thought would never happen to me. To all the lovely people reading this, please keep working to succeed and never give up!

Are you participating in the Giveaway?

Absolutely! There will be Swiss chocolate for three lucky winners! ;-)

Whose Giveaway are you looking forward to?

So many of them! But I have my fingers crossed for the tee-shirt from tamoja, or one of the gift cards from MNJGreenhill, Dasch409, Dreamer419, JS_Nox, LynnS13, me2you804, or rosaimee!

And...what should we be expecting in your post for the Block Party?

Tips on incorporating horror into your own works. We all need a little fear in our stories....

Of course we all do. Haha.
Thanks for coming around, we hope to you get to come by next week for The Summer 2016 Conference.

Till next time folks, stay scheming.