#Hangout with Kizurei Kagerō

Hello, wonderful folks of Wattpad and welcome to tonight's Hangout session with Watty Award winner and Ambassador Kizurei Kagero. :-)

Did I sound like Oprah enough?

Thursday #Hangout with Kizurei Kagerō (ProjectMyst)

Tell us a little bit about yourself, Who's ProjectMyst and what inspired you to start writing?

I'm a guitarist and mixed martial artist. I pretty much never run out of ideas, since I tend to always come up with more than I can actually keep up with. My cousin inspired me to start writing since she was the one who showed me Wattpad in the first place.

Which one of your works are you the proudest of, and why?

I would have to say all of them. I can't pick a favorite, but if I had to, it would have to be Living Weapons as a whole. Since it opens up the readers to something much larger than a multiverse with my upcoming stories. All of my stories, current and upcoming are connected.

Have you always seen your Living Weapons novel as turning into a series?

Not really. Originally I wanted the whole story to just be Act 1 alone. I never imagined it would turn into the series it is now.

 I never imagined it would turn into the series it is now

Last year you won the 'prestigious' Watty award. How did that feel?

It felt amazing. I received the news, I was so shocked that I nearly dropped my phone into a river on my way to my car.

Have you gotten featured as well? If not, is it something you aspire to be?

I haven't gotten featured before. I tried on several occasions, but got turned down each time. I do want to try to be featured, but not with Living Weapons. Hopefully in the near future with a different story to tell.

A little birdie told me that you are going to become a real-life published author soon. Do you deny or confirm these rumors?

I'll leave those rumors up in the air for now. I don't want to officially confirm anything until I get official news myself.

How does one become a 'published author'? Is there a specific process you have to go through?

In order to be a "published author", you have to have a complete, fully edited manuscript. I've done a lot of research and I'm still looking at more publishers. Although some publishers only accept submissions that's represented by a literary agent. When you enter the marketing world, things can get pretty tough. There isn't a specific process. Just be extremely cautious on deciding a legitimate publisher. Always do your research.

Tell us about your journey to becoming a Wattpad Ambassador. Is it really as stressful as everybody says it is?

I applied to become an Ambassador about 3 months after I first joined Wattpad. I didn't get a reply until around 6 months after that. My journey can't get any simpler than that. If you're gonna try to be an Ambassador, patience is key. Being a Wattpad Ambassador isn't as stressful honestly. It depends on each person. Personally, I think the most stressful thing is trying to balance out outside life with the duties as an Ambassador.

 Personally, I think the most stressful thing is trying to balance out outside life with the duties as an Ambassador

How do you get over writer's block?

I get out of writer's block by surrounding myself with a bunch of things that could inspire me. Whether it be playing a game, scanning through Pinterest for reference material, listening to music and dancing around while trying to imagine the scene, or even act out a scene out loud. I'm not crazy, I swear. I pretty much try to do as much as I can in my free time to get out of writer's block.

Do you have any advice for newer Wattpad writers?

Be patient, make friends, and enjoy it. You won't gain a lot of followers, readers, votes, and comments right off the bat. Everything takes time and make sure you write about something you absolutely love. If you're passionate about your writing, don't let harsh criticism hurt you. Instead, use that to improve your writing as a whole. The more you improve and update, the more followers and friends you will gain along the way. Join book clubs and enter contests. Don't message a person and telling them that they should check out your book; that will only make them want to turn away from it even more.

***

That's it folks, and thanks to Myst for the time and understanding(with the delays). We hope you do fine progress in mystical ways with all your future projects.

*~*
Drop your thoughts in the comments section and be sure to Follow this great author.

Till next Thursday, stay scheming.