Chapter 12 - Descendant of Fate

---Collin's POV---

Gasps rang through the air as several people at once realized what Alex just did. Even the members of his pride looked at him with disbelief, especially an older male that seemed to be his father.

The angry leopard kicked up dust and grass as he used his claws to push himself off the ground, letting out a snarl as he lunged through the air and straight towards Christina’s throat.

She surprised everyone by waiting till the last second before she let herself fall back, instantly rolling back on her feet to keep an eye on a ticked off Alex. My own eyes were drawn to Christina, observing her form and emotions closely before I dropped my arms, stunned.

You see, you couldn’t teach werecats to fight properly. Don’t get me wrong, every cat out there could fight but very few could fight properly, meaning that they knew how to exploit an enemy’s weakness, how and where to strike. It took sense for strategy, quick thinking and an eye for detail.

Christina showed that she had all of that in abundance. The way her eyes flashed over Alex’ body, lingering on several places, showed me that she knew exactly what she was doing while Alex on the other hand was lashing out wildly, blinded by his anger.

He probably didn’t even realize that he had breached the most important law of our race. At the sound of approaching feet, I looked away from the scene and took a moment to look around.

It seemed that word has spread and almost everyone was dropping whatever they were doing to come and look at what would be a fight everyone would remember. Not because of Alex going rogue, but because of Christina’s markings, which were clearly visible.

The crescent moons on the back of her hands and below her right ear where shining in a silver light. Lines flowed from one mark to the other, flowing elegantly up her arms to hide beneath her clothes, reappearing on the back of her legs before they curled around the crescent moon.

Christina’s eyes were now purely jade as she crouched down, slowly shifting on the spot until an Amur leopard sat in the middle of the field, crouched down, ears flattened and pupils enlarged. A low, warning rumble escaped her mouth as her tail flicked harshly from side to side, indicating that she was annoyed.

“Please be careful Christy.” I whispered to myself, smiling softly as she flickered the ear that was pointed to me, as if to say she understood me. She wasn’t a part of a pride, and neither was I so we couldn’t contact each other mentally. Or maybe she could with her set of talents, but she still needed to come into full power.

The two felines were close to facing off; Alex was slowly circling around Christina like a shark, trying to find an opening while Christina held a close eye on him, baring her fangs and hissing sharply.

When Alex lunged forwards, Christina skidded to the side before she pounded her paw against the side of his head. The sound was muffled because of the fur on either’s body but judging from the way Alex shook his head, there must have been some force behind that swipe.

Blood welted out of the three claw-swipes on his jaw before he hissed venomously, his eyes glinting with a crazy light before he lunged again, ducking when she clawed at him again but was stopped when she smacked his head in quick succession, holding one paw up with the claws extended, hissing angrily.