Chapter 11 - Karma's a Bitch

---Christina’s POV---

Three rogues. Unnamed werecats that had launched an attack on the Leopard king, probably in an attempt to overthrow him and take his place. My whole body had been itching and burning, my heart made of lead and my stomach twisting and churning with each passing second before I felt Eve’s energy burst through my body.

How I knew that there was danger was unknown to me but I just knew and I acted. I had a feeling that I could’ve stopped myself from acting and let it all play out but…King Richard would have been badly wounded, more likely dead if I had done that.

Now I was standing amidst the large group of shifters, all of them gawking at my blood-covered form while I desperately tried to get that awful metallic taste out of my mouth. I felt their stares on my body, heard their whispers but I didn’t feel it in me to react. My actions were catching up to me.

“I killed someone…I actually killed three people…” I felt my stomach twist as I looked down at the lifeless bodies a few steps away from me, all three of them dead by my hand. Eva purred soothingly in my head, comforting me as I kept staring at my blood covered hands and the bodies at my feet.

“You did good Christina. These were men or women without cause or justice in their hearts. They would’ve killed a kitten as easily as they would have torn the king apart. We are made for this…this is our destiny.”

I gulped before looking up at the eyes around me, locking with Richard’s befuddled gaze before they slowly traced to Collin’s, instantly shying away from the burning intensity in them.

“Death and destruction? That is my destiny?” I asked Eva while watching as Collin and Richard both walked up to me, Richard’s pride observing their king closely. Eva shook her head and yowled in anger.

“No, Life is. We saved the king and with him his mate. We saved his people from losing their King and with it the peace they live in. Everyone here will know what our mark means, little one. Our destiny is ancient and pure.”

“I just don’t want to end up like-“ I started, being interrupted by Eva again as she snorted, flicking her tail in my head. “You will never end up like Alex. You are a good person at heart Christina. Even without my guidance, you’d make the right choices. I’m sure of it.”

Pride filled me as Eva kept purring, flooding me with the pride and happiness she felt for me. I was her human and the actions I made would reflect on her as well. I smiled to myself, understanding that I made the choice she would’ve made and that she was proud of me.