I Don't Want to See You

August

"Mr. Alsina........ Mr. Alsina, can you hear my voice ?" I opened my eyes to see this bald white man standing next to the bed I was in. I looked at him crazy and tried to sit up. A sharp pain shot through my chest and I laid back in my original spot.

"You shouldn't try and sit up just yet, Mr. Alsina you're still sore from the injury." I tried to speak but no words would come out. My throat was extremely dry. He gave me a notepad and pen to write was I was tryna say. I wrote and turned it around so he could read it.

"Are my people here ?" He read aloud. "They sure are Mr. Alsina. However, only one person is aloud in here at a time." I began to write again, repeating the process.

"You can start sending them back. And can a ni...." He paused realizing what he was about to say. "Yes you may have some water. Is that all Mr. Alsina." I nodded and he walked out.

I can't believe I ended up in this bitch like this. For the first time, they fucked over Yung. I know my moms gon be pissed too. I told her I wasn't in the streets no more and I know when she heard I was in here it broke her heart.

The door opened and in walked O and Chris. Chris put the big jar of water down and gave me the cup. I drunk some out of the straw then cleared my throat.

"I thought they said one at a time." I spoke but my voice was still kinda raspy.

"Shit fuck them I came to see bout chu man." O said.

"Ia be aight."

"Look Aug man, I hate to say I told you so but I knew I had a bad feeling about you getting out that truck." Chris said

"As soon as we heard the shots we all hopped out. When we turned the corner you was on the ground man."

"We popped two of em on sight but Ty2 still out there."

"I fuck with y'all niggas but y'all know what we gotta do huh."

"We ain't gotta do shit. Me and O gon handle this." Chris said.

"Man I'm good"

"Nigga you ain't good. You got shot in the chest and stomach." I laughed a little.

"This shit do hurt bruh for real."

"You can take it bitch ass boy."

"Man whatever, who all out there?" I asked

"Kay the only one out there. Z went to take Kay's mom home and Ms. Sheila went to get breakfast." I sighed.

"Ion wanna see Kay at all."

"What chu mean?"

"I mean I don't wanna see her ass."

"O give us time right quick." Chris said. O dapped me down then left. "Wassup bro"

"Ain't nothin up man, I just don't wanna see shorty right now."

"Nigga is you crazy, if I was you right now she would be the only person I wanna see." I shook my head. "Do you not know she's the reason that I'm talking to you right now."

"Man Ian really tryna hear none of that."

"Those bullets must've done something to your head bruh cuz you're trippin." He said getting up to leave.  "All I'm gonna say is don't be stupid and let her slip away again." He walked out and my momma walked in right behind him.

"August I brought you breakfast baby"

"Thank you , ion know if I can eat yet."