Chapter 28: Take Me Away

Lacey's POV

Chapter 28: Take Me Away

Everything's blurry.

I'm running, faster and faster, but it's catching up.

Go.

Faster.

I'm falling.

I'm dying.

"Lacey?" Klaus kisses my hair. Sweat is pouring down my face and my back is killing me. My head feels like it's about to explode. Since when do hybrids or vampires get head or backaches? "What's wrong?" I shiver. "Bad dream." I whisper. I relax back into my normal sleeping position, with my head on his chest. Klaus's arms wrap around me. I

hate crying. I am so sick of crying. I hate these stupid heightened emotions, And these screwed up dreams. I thought they'd have stopped by now. I feel like I have no control over myself anymore. It's almost like it's gotten worse than it already is these days. I'm angry or scared or emotional all the time.

I am done being weak. I am done with people feeling sorry for me. I am done making excuses. I am done with people making excuses for me.

Oh, her mom died.

Oh, she's been abused.

She's traumatized.

She's a newborn vampire.

I am a freaking hybrid. I WILL BE STRONG. I have been strong for sixteen years. I'm not stopping now. With these thoughts, I slowly drift off to sleep.

Klaus's POV

The sun rises and Lacey's eyes slowly open. "Morning." I whisper in her ear, making chills run up her spine. "I'm tired." She mumbles. "And it's cold."

I chuckle. "Come here then." I say, lifing the rest of her body to lay perfectly overtop mine. She groans, burying her head on my chest. I kiss her forehead, breathing in her scent.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask. "Sleep." She mumbles. Lacey lifted her head up, chocolate eyes meeting mine. "I dunno, what do you want to do today?" She asks me. "I want whatever you want." I smirk. "I want you." She whispers, a sleepy grin on her face. I laugh. "But that's a given."

"I hope so." She smiles as I lean in to kiss her, moaning as I trail kisses down her neck.

"You're adorable." I say, gazing into her eyes. "Duh."

I laugh, kissing her once more. "We could do anything. We do have forever, you know." She says. "We do. Which is why, I'm taking you out." She groans. "Why? I want a lazy day with you."

"Because."

 "Okay." I raise my eyebrows at her behavior. "What?"

"Where's stubborn Lacey who never backs down?" I ask.

She smirks. "She's tired." Her head collapses on my chest, making me laugh. 

Lacey's POV

"Can I open them yet?" I laugh. "No." He whispers, his lips touch my ear.

"Come on! We've been driving for HOURS!" I argue.

"We've been in the car for ten minutes." He chuckles. "Close enough!" I laugh.

"And... We're here! Good thing, because one more word and I would've thrown you out."

I laugh, uncovering my eyes. Before me lays an outstretched meadow of green with moutains dotting the skyline. Pine trees and oaks stand tall beside a wide blue-green lake.

"It's beautiful." I say, awestruck. Klaus opens the car door for me, taking my hand. "Can we go to the lake? Is it safe?" I ask, my eyes not leaving the beautiful landscape. "If you want to walk there." He says, smiling. "Can we?" Klaus smirks. "As you wish."

I grin as we walk. Time doesn't concern us. "This is amazing." I say. I keep him close as we hike, feeling his warmth. The sun melted yesterday's snow and it's actually pretty warm. We decide to spend the rest of the day there, sitting side by side.

I know, it's super short. It's basically just a filler chapter. Song is Fall ;) Pic on the side of ya know the moutains or whatever. What do you think of the new cover???

Goodnight!

Molliexx