Chapter 13: Brave

Damon's POV

Chapter 13: Brave

Stefan and I sit in the living room, neither of us saying a word to each other. I down my glass of bourbon, Stefan just stares into the flames, watching the embers grow fiery, lighting up the room. He's thinking about God knows what. Out of nowhere, screams erupt from Lacey's room. Nightmares come more often these nights, and she'll scream and cry out in her sleep. Stefan groans. "Oh my god, just make it stop! Can't she just get a grip already?!" I stand up to face him.

"Stefan, that is your sister in there! She has been hurt her whole life and she was taken from the only home she's ever known to live with vampires. Her heart is broken.

Her life sucks, Stefan. But she is the bravest person I know. She doesn't mope around all day or pretend she doesn't care about anyone. It's you who needs to get a grip. It's a hell of a good thing Lacey and Elena care about you, because your heart would be on the floor right now. I don't even know you anymore." I spit out.

He just grins. "Maybe you never knew me. Pull my heart out, Damon. It's easier said than done. Face it, you're all talk." I rear back punch him in the face. And then I walk off to go comfort my little sister.

Microscopic chapter, I know. But I liked the idea and I just decided to do it now.

-Mollie xx