Chapter 26: Confessions

Lacey's POV

Chapter 26:Confessions

Sired? seriously? I don't even know what to think. Then again, should I really be surprised? My life was fucked up from the very beginning. I had literally eight years of happiness, of being normal. When I turned thirteen, Mom died. I could pretend at school that everything was normal. That lasted for a little more than a year. I stopped pretending, though I didn't dare tell anyone what was really happening. Everything at home was not fine. I'm not normal.

I guess I never really was. After three years of torture and pain, I had a moment of hope. Damon and Stefan saved me. I was... happy. I learned that it's okay to smile.

But of course, nothing ever lasts. I turned. Vampire? Nope. God forbid I even get to be just a little bit ordinary, even supernaturally. Instead, I'm even better. A hybrid. Neither vampire or werewolf. Different.

I just feel so confused. I don't even know how to process anything.

"I need a walk."

+ + + + +

I'm greeted by the world's landscape covered in a blanket of white. I shiver. Snow? Are you kidding me? Now?

I walked to Klaus's, the only place I want to be and the only place I can think to go. I know ra pretty terrible idea considering the last time I walked anywhere I got bitten by a werewolf. But it's broad daylight and I can't exactly drive. If I was Jacob Black, I could turn and walk there, warm in my fur. But this isn't Twilight. And that would require an extra set of clothes. If only it was that bloody easy.

I know enough about werewolves to know that turning feels like every bone in your body is breaking over and over and over. By the time you even reach the 'wolf' stage you apparently have absolutely no control of yourself whatsoever. I would rip up everyone and everything in my path. So maybe turning isn't such a good idea. In comparison, walking sounds fine to me.

When I finally get to the Mikaelson mansion, I feel like my toes are going to fall off just from the weather. Ringing the doorbell, I'm greeted by Klaus's smirking brother. What's his name again?

Kol.

He chuckled at my expression. "A bit cold then, darling?" He asks. I scowl. "A bit." I retort sarcastically. "Can I come inside or what?" He grins, gesturing me inside.

Klaus sees me and chuckles. "Do you need a change of clothes?" He asks, biting back more laughter. "You guys are hilarious." I scowl as Klaus leads me to his room so I can change. He hands me a v-neck t-shirt and some baggy jeans."Thanks." I say, as he takes me to the bathroom where I quickly peel off my dripping clothes and put on Klaus's instead.

I walk back out, Klaus's gaze is fixated on me. "Have I ever told you how ravishing you look in my clothes?" He asks grinning. I only laughed, shaking my head at him. Their really isn't much I can say back to that.

Leading me back to the living room, his eyes gaze into mine. "Now that that's taken care of, what is it you need?"

Klaus's POV

"How did you know I didn't just come here to see you?" Lacey jokes. I smirk. "Process of elimination."

Her looked turned a bit grim. "I have something to tell you." She whispers. "It turns out I'm a hybrid." I look at her amused. "Sweetheart, you're a vampire." She shakes her head. "But that's impossible."

"No. It's not impossible. You turned me. You fed me the blood. It was doppelganger blood, Klaus. As it turns out, I have a cursed family, much like the Lockwoods. When I get mad, my eyes turn yellow, I don't have a daylight ring and I don't burn in the sun, I don't turn on  full moon. I'm a hybrid."

I push her into a wall, testing a theory. Shocked at first, then angry, Lacey charges at me, throwing me on the floor. "What the hell?" She growls. She's on top of me. If looks could kill... I notice that like she said, her eyes are a dark yellow. I stroke her cheek in awe. "Incredible." I whisper. She slowly gets off me, her eyes turning back to brown, but still holding their glare.

"Are you happy?" She scowls. "I believe you now if that's what you're referring to." I reply, sitting up. "Was that really the best way to do it?" She asks. I shrug. We both go back back onto the couch, I pull her with me. She's unwilling at first, but then obliges. I hold her in my arms, my chin rests on her head. "You're sired."

She nods. "My apologies. Lacey, I never meant for any of this to happen to you. I promised to keep you safe. I didn't keep my word."

"I don't blame you. It's not your fault. If you hadn't turned me I'd be dead. If you hadn't fed me that blood I'd still be dead. I'm not angry. You didn't break your word. It's okay." I laugh, unhumored. "You're sired to do whatever I say." She smiles. "Yes. I am. At least I'm not sired to a total ass. Oh wait..." She jokes. I kiss her, grinning. Her smile remains amused. "Breaking the sire bond isn't that bad..." We share a knowing glance. That's a major understatement. "Turning a hundred times doesn't sound that bad to you?" I ask.

"Look, it's not that big a deal, okay? We'll get through this. I know it. We always do."

"I don't deserve you, you know." She says, her brown eyes glimmering. "Sweetheart, I'm the mass murderer, remember?"

"I'm serious. I'm moody and crazy and on and off. I know one day I'll be unconditionally in love with you and the next I'll push you away. I'm sorry. My stupid heightened emotions take over, and sometimes I don't know who I can trust. And you... Every time I run, you chase after me. And I don't deserve any of it. But you do it every time and I love you for that. After everything I've ever said to you, you're always by my side."

I stroke her cheek. I don't deserve her? What is she thinking?! "I'm the one that left you, love. Twice. Given, you told me to go the second time, but still. Of course I never stopped loving you. How could I? I fell for you the moment I saw you on that bridge. I'm not going to throw all that away because of the color of your eyes. Don't you see? I will always love you." She grins. "Good. Because never in a thousand eternities will I let you go."

She kisses me like she never had before. Anyone I may have 'loved' before could never ever compare to the way I feel for this girl. We're a pair, a matching set, never whole without the other. All the cliches and love stories all seem fake compared to us. Lacey and I, this is real love. I don't know what I would do without her. Is it at this moment that I'm just now realizing I can't live without her?

I pull away, staring into her eyes. "If you want to break the sire bond, I will stand by you. If you want to turn, I will be there one to a hundred." She nods. "This is what I want. You'll be there?"

"Always."

GAH! Who doesn't love something super cheesy every once in a while?  Song is don't deserve you <3 This story is coming to a close!!! Don't cry yet ! There's gonna be a sequel!! But yeah, I'll stop at chapter thirty then that'll be it. I'm really excited for this story!!! If you guys haven't already, listen to A Drop In the Ocean by Ron Pope. I am seriously addicted to it!!! It's the song that played in the scene from season three at the end of the first episode when Stefan calls Elena on her birthday but doesn't talk whenever he's with Klaus. Yeah, that song. Not that I'm a Stelena shipper but that song is beautiful. Imma try to update like every single day but we'll seeeee ;)

Awesome People:

BigBadHybridLover

Changing4Ever

burgandy104

josie151

and KaciDanielle - Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that Klaus Mikalson is freaking invincible?!

Mollie xx