Chapter 11: City of Winds

Lacey's POV

Chapter 11: City of Winds

I roll over in my sleep, only to collide with something. My head rests on something breathing?! Who the hell is in my bed?! God, I don't remember getting drunk, but... I couldn't have...A sudden drowsiness washes over me, and I forget my early predicament I was just drifting back to sleep, when a sudden voice shocks me awake. "Good morning, sleepyhead." I screamed. My eyes pop open and I see Damon beside me.

I glanced at my alarm clock. "Six a.m.? Seriously?! Do you not have anything better to do at 6 a.m.?!" He smirks. "Fine, don't come with me to bring Stefan home."

"See ya."

 "Wait! What? What are you talking about? Where are they?" Damon stands up. "Windy City." I raise my eyebrows. "He's in Chicago?" He nods. "How do you know?"

"It came to me in a dream." He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "Start packing."

"Are they okay?"

"Yes, Lacey. He is currently being forced into do things he doesn't want to by your psycho soulmate. He's fine." I scowl. "How is this my fault?!"

He ignores my question. "Hurry." He says, and leaves the room.

Damon's POV

"Stefan could have any place in Chicago and he chose this?!" Lacey exclaims, as we walk through Stefan's old apartment. I shrugged. "I'm sure it used to be nicer, back in the day."

"Now shhh." I whisper, putting my finger to my lips for emphasis and opening the apartment door. I walk in first, and Lacey follows closely behind. "Here we are. Stefan's hidden personality's second home." She brushes her finger along a table, her fingers becoming clouded with dust.

"Notice he hasn't been here."

I just shrug. I place my finger behind a nifty little shelf and it opens to reveal a small closet filled with different bottles of whiskey. I smirk at Lacey. "Bingo."

"Oh my god, alcohol." She scowls, her voice dripping with sarcasm. I smirk. "Look harder." She glances towards one of the walls. There's writing. It's a list. "A list of names." She observes. "Mmhm."

"Are these all of his victims?" She questions. For once, Lacey actually looks shocked. "Saint Stefan didn't always drink bunnies." I retort. She whips around to face me. "What were you doing in the 1920's? Paving away for women's liberation?!"

"I was around. Chicago's a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and indulge every once in a while..." She makes a disgusted sound. I turn away from her, walking away. "Where are you going?" She asks. I don't answer. "I'm coming with you."

"No. You stay here and whip up an actual plan. I'll come back when I find him. Oh, and try not to get yourself killed, if you can help it."

Lacey's POV

I walk around the room, taking a closer look at every detail. It's kind of funny to imagine someone living here, so many years ago...

My head snaps up when I hear voices, framilar voices, too close for comfort. I gasp.

Crap, crap, crap!

I think fast, and decide to hide in the only place I know. I listen closely from my small space beside the whiskey. "Do you feel that?" Says a voice. I smile. Klaus. I havn't heard that voice in so long. I've missed it more than i thought possible.

Now that I realize it, I hope with everything that Damon wasn't right about Stefan drinking from me. Would he really do that? Somehow I doubt it. But judging from all the names... What would happen with Stefan? Would I become dessert? I shudder at the thought.

"Is anybody here?" Klaus calls. Crap. Despite the way I felt earlier, every part of my body is screaming at me to stay hidden. I cover my mouth with my hand to mufflle my breathing. "It's been vacent for decades, people must break in all the time." Stefan replies. I'm officially freaking out. "Why'd you bring me here?" My nerves seem to block the rest out. My body goes into lockdown and all I feel is fear and terror. I'm too nervous to think. Damn you, Damon Salvatore! I hear the creak of the door being pushed open.

I hold my breath, pressing my body to the wall so that hopefully I'm not facing two hungry vampires. Klaus walks through, glancing around. My heart stops. He takes my breath away. When his eyes focus on me, his eyes widen. He just stares at me. His face remains emotionless. He nears closer to me, until his lips are only inches away. I don't even know what to think.  "So much dust." He whispers. But from my perspective he's speaking to me more than Stefan.

Instead of completing the act and pressing his lips to mine, he reaches behind me, pulling out a bottle of whiskey. "1918. A single malt." He doesn't leave without a secretive wink, and gently shuts the closet door behind him. "My favorite." Stefan replies. Everything else fades from the world, and all I see are his lips. Those perfect lips...

When the voices go vague until I can't hear a thing, I slowly turn the doorknob, and push the door. But it doesn't budge. Great. Klaus freaking Mikaelson locked me in the alcohol closet. As soon as I find him and get him home, I'm going to kill him

Damon's POV

I walk back through the door, and hear noises and banging from the closet. "DAMON! That better be you!" I laugh. She got herself locked in the closet. That's hilarious. I opened the door with ease. She breathes a sigh of relief. "Go make yourself presentable. I know where Stefan and Klaus are gonna be tonight."

"Damon - "

"Lacey, I've realized what a bad idea it was to leave you here alone. Process it, and move on." I pause. "Are you okay?" She nods. "Okay, get dressed. You're all road trip-y and gross."

+ + + + +

"So I'm gonna convince Stefan to come back with us, while you distract Klaus because God knows you're the only one that can. Iet him to come home that's a bounus." I say, grinning. "But you're gonna have like five minutes tops. Please, tell me you can do this." She smiles. "I can do this. Don't doubt me, Damon. I've got it all covered." I can tell by the look on her face, she's absolutely terrified and has no clue how the hell she can pull this.

I guess I'll have to have enough hope for the both of us.

+ + + + +

I lead Stefan outside and he shoves me against a car. "What is wrong with you?!"

"What is wrong with YOU?!" I counter. "Get Lacey the hell out of Chicago." He demands. "She's not going anywhere!" I shout. "Not until both of you haul your asses back to Mystic Falls. Trust me, I've tried!"

"It's not safe here. Tell Lacey to go home and get out of here!" He growls. "You have an attitude problem, brother, and we are going to talk."

Lacey's POV

I walk into the bar, sitting next to Klaus. "Bourbon." I say to the bartender. She raises her eyebrows. "I'm gonna need ID." I sigh. "I'm gonna need that drink." The bartender doesn't even flinch. "Give her the drink, Gloria."  Klaus says from beside me. "It's on me." She sighs, preparing the drink and setting it in front of me.

I sip it slowly. I'm gonna need it if I'm going to convince Klaus, or at the very least do a hell of a lot of distracting. "What are you doing here, Lacey?" He askes, gaze intently on me. "I'm drinking. Why did you lock my in a closet, Klaus?" I ask. He grins. "Okay, that was a bit extreme, but it got you worked up, which is what I was going for. What are you really doing here, sweetheart? Not that I mind. It's adorable the way you try to compel yourself a drink. But Gloria here is a witch. And you're not a vampire."

I scowl. "I was not trying to compel myself a drink." He smiles, showing that bit of humanity I would've missed If I hadn't been looking close enough. "You haven't changed." He observed. I can make out the small dimples on the side of his cheeks. I analyze every single feature. I want to take it all in. I want to remember. Forever. I grin. "Nope."

"Enough with the chitchat. We both know why I'm here." I say abruptly, causing Klaus's smile to dim a bit, the light in his eyes dulls. "I'm not coming back with you, love." He placed his hand on mine. "Lacey. Look, darling. It was fun but it's over now. Don't overstay your welcome."

"What do you mean it was fun? Am I a game to you?"

"I loved you, Klaus." My eyes began to glisten. "You never - " he cuts me off. "Never." My phone buzzes, revealing a message from Damon. I give him one last sad look, then stand up from the stool. "I'm sorry I've been a burden. I assure you I won't bother you anymore." With that, I walk out to meet my brother for out getaway.

I slump down in the car. "Any luck?" I ask. "Nope. Stefan's a bigger dick than ever. You?" I sighed. "Nothing. But you knew that, didn't you? You were listening in." Damon stayed silent. "Lacey -" He began. "Don't, Damon. Just drive."

Sorry it's short, I know. I'm also sorry I'm basically doing all of season 3 word for word. But hey, I'm killing the scenes that don't include Damon or Lacey which basically means no Caroline, Tyler, Rebecca (so far) Matt, Jeremy, Katherine, and no Klaus and Stefan scenes unless important. So yeah. But I have a BIG suprise planned so just sit tight, k? I haven't been updating ANY OTHER FANFICS. I'm completely focused on this one right now.

But this was based on episode 3x3 and my big suprise is 3x9 I might start combining episodes into one chapter but we'll see... Song is The One That Got Away. The song made me cry a total of 7 times today. Why I watched the music video that many times, I don't know. I watched Part of Me on Netflix today. I swear that movie will turn you into a Katycat.

Has anyone seen Miley Cyrus's new 23 music video??? Her songs are good but...she's effing crazy!

Plz everyone go read AleenaTylk's fanfic! It's called An eternity (TVD- Elijah Mikaelson story) and it is really good! The last chappie was beautiful and it mad me cry (along with everything else lol). 2 DAYS LEFT TILL TVD, PEOPLE!!!!!! GET EXCITED BECAUSE SHIT JUST GOT REAL!

V

O

T

E

C

O

M

M

E

N

T

F

A

N

S

H

A

R

E

~Mollie ;)