Chapter Seven: True Friends

==============

Lilian POV

==============

"And that is Sungmin, he's my favorite. Sungmin is such a sweetheart. I love him." Grace giggled, pointing to the blonde cutie on the computer screen. 

"Wait.. You know him?" I asked, amazed.

"Of course. He's one of my clients and my best friend too." Grace giggled.

How lucky is she?

Grace had been showing me some kpop groups. Grace and I had gotten pretty close in the last couple days, talking about ourselves in order to get to know each other better and we have a lot in common. She was born and raised a majority of her life in America and moved to South Korea when she was just eight.

After getting to know everything about each other, we had nothing else to do. Grace decided to show me all of the groups in Sm Entertainment with a lot of snacks and after 2 hours of showing me all of the groups and their multiple videos, we finished off with Super Junior. 

Living in South Korea for 6 years, how can you not hear about Suju? They're literally like the number one group in all of South Korea.

Now we're watching Sexy, Free and single by Suju. It sounds pretty good and the dance is fantastic. One thing I’ve noticed is the all of the groups in SM entertainment can dance and they’re all handsome! 

I looked over at Grace who was just laying on her stomach, resting her chin on her palm while gawking at the beautiful men.

I sighed, getting ready to ask her the question that's been pondering in my mind.

"Donghae is Cho Hee's favorite. I know you're going to love her. She's soo funny and nice and energetic. Poor girl, she shouldn't be working this job." She sighed, interrupting my old thought in exchange for a new one.

I mentally debated to ask her. Should I? Would she freak out and leave if I did.

"Hey Grace?" 

"Hmm?" She turned her head to face me.

"How did you end up with this job?"

She looked taken back by my question. I studied the confusion on her face as she thought of the right way to put her words together.

"Well.. Uhm" She cleared her throat.

"Well.. That’s a long story and I don't want to bore you."

"No, I’m curious and I don't mind." I insisted.

"Well, I uhm.. I was the first person to ever get a job here. I was the first worker and I was just about your age, actually I was 16. My father, the great man he is.. Was an Alcoholic and had a really bad gambling problem. So bad that he owed some loan sharks money and after about a year of not getting their money, they killed my mother. They sent a very clear message and I was next if my father didn't pay up, but he didn't really care. I was next, so I decided to pay off his debt.. Not for him but for me. I'm still trying to pay it off, I only have a small amount left." She faked a smile.

I felt the sudden urge to hug her, so I did. 

When I pulled away, she smiled at me.

"Since I told you why I’m here.. Can you tell me why you are? I mean you're smart, beautiful and too bright to do this. You have a chance at an actual future, so why?"

I felt a sudden lump in my throat; my mouth became very dry at the thought of why i'm here. I felt the sudden urge to cry but I had to tell her. It isn't really fair of me to make her tell something that was obviously hard for her to tell and I not do it.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. "A few months ago.." I felt the tears come in, so I kept my eyes closed.

"It was my Father's birthday.. So we went to his favorite restaurant and on our way back...." I took another deep breathe. I have to tell her, I have to be fair.

“We were hit by a car." I looked up at the ceiling as the tears spilled out. "My parents didn't make it." The tears continued to spill, I felt Grace pull me into an embrace.

"It's okay." She cooed.

"No it isn't, they left me here.. Alone." She pulled out of the embrace, looking at my crying face.

"You remind me so much of myself." She whispered, looking into my eyes. "You shouldn't be here." She pulled me back into an embrace.

"I'm here because I have to pay my hospital bills." I sobbed. 

"It's okay, I’m here for you. You aren't alone. You have me." She cooed.

“Just promise me one thing.” She whispers, pulling away.

“Yes?” I blink.

“After you pay off the hospital bills and have enough money to take care of yourself… you’ll leave here and never look back.” She whispers, looking 100% serious.

“Yes.” I nod, hugging her again.

I cried my heart out. This is exactly what I needed. To cry and be held. To be told that everything was going to be alright.

================

================

Grace POV

================

I closed the door to Lilian's room. After about an hour of crying, we relocated to her bed where she eventually fell asleep, tired of crying. 

I feel bad for her, she's too young to lose both her parents in such a bad way. I know the feeling of losing one and the other just not caring but to lose both and both of them be as great as she described them.. I feel so bad for her.

We all have our own stories to how we got here.. Cho Hee's Step Mother forced her to work this job. Whereas.... Candy and her 2 followers come from rich families and do this job for fun. The sluts.

I plopped down on the couch, sighing. 

I rubbed my eyes with my hands, taking deep breathes. 

Life is so unfair. That poor girl didn't deserve that to happen to her. It's funny how life does those types of things to you.

I just hope that she doesn't get hurt, working here…Like I did.

I need to clear my mind. All these racing thoughts of the past 6 years at this job, running through my mind. Memories of me and him, replaying in my head. 

I don't want Lilian to redo my mistakes. I've made so many, she's smarter than I ever was. This job became my life a long time ago; it became something I couldn't just leave. 

I know it's weird of me to be so protective of her when we just met about 2 weeks ago but that's just my personality. 'Overbearing mother.' as Cho Hee describes it.

I guess.. I'm just a true friend.