chapter 14

"so where is she?" "she is uh on a date." i said handing her the phone. "are we going to get a new daddy?" "lets hope not." i said under my breathe. Kelly skipped away back to the kitchen to put the phone back. she came back over to me and crawled up on the couch and laid on top of me with her face on my chest and her arms laying at my side i caressed her face as we watched tv and soon she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~COUPLE MONTHS LATER~

"hey mom." i said coming down stairs rubbing my head. "hey honey go get dressed kyle is coming over today." "ugh!" i groaned loudly, "hey kyle is a good man!" "what ever." i said under my breathe. "what did you say?!" "nothing!" i said going back up stairs. i got dressed into my black skinny jeans my blue button up plaid shirt and my black converse. i brushed my hair how i usually do it and then went to go wake Kelly up. "hey Kelly get up kyle is coming over." she moaned but got up and got ready as i left her room.

your probably wondering who kyle is. well kyle is my mom's boyfriend or should i say husband now because they got married with out even speaking to us first which i still am mad at her for. kyle is a 'nice guy' my mom says but i don't believe why i don't because he thinks he is our father since he is married to our mom and that shit don't and wont fly. he would yell at Kelly and i swear if my mom hadn't shown up at the time i came down stairs after i heard that i swear that man would have had an early grave no one yells at my sister but me and my mom.

we don't even yell her that much anyways so he needs to back the fuck off before i do some thing and if i ever see he hits Kelly im not even go to tell my mom im just going to pack me and her up and leave my mom with that bastard.

as i came back into Kelly's room to check on her she was doing some thing with make up which is weird cause she is only 6 and doesn't need it. i walked over to her and kneeled down to her height. "why are you putting on make up?" "to look pretty." "then take it off you don't need it." i grabbed a wet towel and started to wipe it off when i noticed some thing purple and black on her cheek. i caressed my thumb over it and she winced. "did her do this to you!?" she shook her hesitantly. " Kelly please don't lie to me is kyle hitting you?!" "now why would i do that?" i heard a deep voice from behind me. i looked behind me and saw kyle in a suit and tie leaning him self against the door frame.

"you bastard!" i raised my fist at him as my mom came up running to kyle. "hey! alex stop it go to your room! im sorry kyle." i grabbed Kelly and went to my room. i slammed the door and locked it. "Kelly did he or did he not hit you?" she shook her head yes. anger has been building up inside me for a long time but this is pushing it. "how long as he been do this?" i said trying to keep calm for her. "a month." she said quietly hoping i would hear. "ok Kelly here stay here watch some tv or youtube and i will be right back lock the door after i leave ok?" she shook her head yes again. as i left the room i heard the door lock behind me.

i went down stairs and saw my mom laughing with him in the kitchen. "you mother fucking bastard how dare you hit her!!!!" i said coming up to kyle. "what are you talking about alex?" he said plainly. "you know damn well what im talking about!!" "alex calm down stop yelling!" my mom said trying to pull me back. "mom he has been hitting Kelly for a month now!" "kyle have you been hitting Kelly?" "no why would i? i love her liie my own." "you lying bastard!" "stop it alex! now i know you don't like him but stop making up fucking things to make me get rid of him!" "you know mom since your so fucking blind because of him im taking Kelly and we are leaving and you will never see us again!" i ran to Kelly's room and packed her clothes and some toys and her bathroom stuff.

i then knocked on my door and she opened it. "whats going on?" "nothing we are just uh leaving for a while." she said nothing as i filled another bag with my stuff. "come on Kelly lets go. i picked her up and walked out the door." i threw my stuff in my truck and buckled Kelly in. my mom came running out side crying and yelling. "you cant take her!" "yes i can im the only one who can keep her safe because blinder than a fucking bat to see he has been hurting her!" i slammed the door closed and got in. i drove to the air port and sat in my car.