Chapter 21

Chris' p.o.v.

Ok Chris. Keep calm and don't forget to breathe. Just knock on the door and smile, easily done. And maybe say something, that would be nice. Ok just do it now.

And I did it, I knocked on the door. No turning back now.

The door was opened by someone I wasn't expecting, Scarlett.

"What are you doing here scar?" I asked her, keeping my voice as low as I could.

"Relax Chris. I just helped Mel with her outfit and I'm leaving now." She answered while passing me. "Don't overthink things Chris. Try to enjoy." She added and walked away.

When I turned around I saw Jason standing in the doorway with a big smile on his face but then turned really serious.

"Ok Chris, even though you are famous I'm still going to say this. You take care of her and if you ever hurt her..." He said while pointing with his finger at me.

"Jason leave him alone!" Mel said. That's the moment I noticed her behind Jason. She looked beautiful. I mean even more beautiful than normally, I'm not saying she doesn't look beautiful otherwise but... Just forget it. She looked beautiful.

"Mel! This is the first time I can play the overprotective friend! Don't you read stories? Everyone has one of them." Jason replied.

"Jason, just leave us alone." Mel sighed.

"Ok." He said while putting his hands up as a sign of surrender. He leaned closer to me though and whispered "I'm watching every move." He stepped away and looked at me and Mel. "Have fun you two!" He said before he walked away in the apartment.

"Sorry about that." Mel said.

"It's nothing." I replied. Come on Chris give her a compliment. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks." She said and I saw how her cheeks started to glow. "You look great too." She added.

"Thanks." I said. "Shall we?"

"Yeah, let me just grab my coat." She answered.

Mel's p.o.v.

We arrived at something that looked like a little Italian restaurant. It looked really great and I absolutely love Italian food. So Chris really scored with this place. Wait! What? Why was I even thinking about that? We're just friends going to dinner, nothing more. Chris could never feel anything for me, the boring and ugly me.

Chris interrupted my thoughts by guiding me inside, placing his hand on the small of my back. I felt a shiver travel through my body. Even though his hand just touched my dress I could still feel the warmth of it. I wonder how his hands would feel on my skin... Mel stop it!

We entered the restaurant and were greeted by a guy in suit. I had the strange feeling I know this guy from somewhere but I can't remember it exactly. But the strangest part of everything was his British accent, not something I expected in an Italian restaurant. I looked at Chris and saw his pale face.

"Are you ok?" I asked him.

He cleared his throat "uurggghh...yeah, everything is fine." He reassured me with a smile and he guided us to our table. The restaurant was empty except for me and Chris and tons of candles.

Chris' p.o.v.

This is so wrong. What is Paul doing here dressed up as some sort of waiter? I knew something was going on, just renting a place wasn't enough for them. They needed to pull the full show.

"I hope you enjoy your evening." Paul says and smiles at both of us before walking into what I assume was the kitchen.

"Is it just me or do I know him from somewhere?" Mel asked when Paul was vanished.

"Yeah...I think he has just one of those faces." I answered her.

"You're probably right...but isn't it strange for an Italian restaurant to have a waiter with a British accent?" She continued.

Ok Chris how are you going to save yourself out of this? Luckily we got interrupted by a waiter, saved by the.....Oh no.

"Hello, my name is Tom and I'm your waiter for tonight."

Seb's p.o.v.

"I think Chris is going to get crazy by the end of the night." I stated.

"Nah, don't exaggerate Seb." Robert replied.

"Maybe slightly traumatized." Jeremy said.

"He'll get over it. He's a big boy." Anthony said.

"I still feel a bit guilty. You saw his face when he saw Paul?" I replied to them.

"You know this was just the start, don't you?" Robert said.

"Wait until he finds out that they are in an Italian that has no Italian food." Aaron said.

"I hope for you that Hayley didn't hear that. She and Paul did their best to save this date." Scarlett replied.

"Yeah but their British kitchen doesn't really fit in this setting." Aaron said.

"So, how is everything going?" Jason asked when he entered through the back door.

"Mel looks happy and Chris is nervous, so I guess everything goes great." Robert answers.

"And the candles are still...." Mark started but got cut off by Robert.

"Don't start about those candles Mark!"

Please don't forget to vote ⭐️ and comment 💬!