Chapter 13

Mel's p.o.v.

"Mel? Who are you texting?" Jason asked, breaking my stare at my phone.

"Oh, no one." I lied. Of course it's someone but he doesn't have to know everything, a girl deserves her privacy.

"You are lying Mel, I see it on your face. Every time you get a text you smile." He said while crossing his arms over his chest.
Then he started smiling. "It's Chris you are texting, isn't?"

"No!" I lied again. Yes it was Chris, why does he care?

"Oh come on Mel! I can smell it, you're lying! You know I'm a like a trained police dog when it comes to lies."

"Ok, fine! Maybe I'm texting someone and maybe that someone is Chris. Happy now?" I replied to him.

"Yes. Now I know for sure you like him!"

"We're just friends! Nothing more!" It was the truth, just friends.

"But you want to be more, don't you?" He asked teasingly.

And before I could stop it, I started blushing. "Shouldn't we get ready for our shopping afternoon?" I said trying to change the subject.

Jason just laughed. "Ok, let's get ready."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"So, what next?" I asked Jason as we left the store. He didn't hear me though, he was very busy on his phone.

"Something more interesting than me?" I asked him while pushing his shoulder.

"Hhmm" he looked at me. "Oh sorry, yeah it's something important."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Oh nothing special." He answered.

"Oh, first it was important and now it's nothing special!"

"Look Mel! Let's go to that shop!" He said while dragging me along, he clearly wanted to drop the subject. I must admit he acts different lately. Like constantly busy on his phone, I wonder if he is hiding something?

We were just casually looking around in the store when I saw someone familiar, like I saw her before. That's the moment I remembered her, she looked like the one that played Peggy Carter in the Captain America movie. I couldn't be her, could it?
I turned around but bumped into someone else, when I looked up I saw it was Scarlett.

"Hey Mel! That's a coincidence. Are you on a shopping trip?" Scarlett asked me.

I was a bit shocked to be honest. She just talked to me like we were normal friends while we only met once. "Uhh, yeah. I'm here with Jason getting some new clothes."

"Girls! Come and meet someone!" Scarlett called.

"Hi, I'm Elizabeth but please call me Lizzie, it's much easier" she said while shaking my hand.

"Hi, I'm Melissa but everyone calls me Mel." I answered shyly.

"Nice to meet you Mel! I'm Hayley." Said the other female that appeared after Scarlett called. So she must be the real Peggy Carter, or I mean the actress that plays her.

"Now we all know each other, why don't we get something to drink?" Jason said, joining our conversation. Why was he so casual about this? Normally he would freak out when he sees an actor or actress but now he's just so calm. Does he know them?

"Great idea! Come on girls!" Scarlett said.

Chris' p.o.v.

"Chris will you stop checking your phone every five seconds." Sebastian said.

"She hasn't texted me all afternoon Seb. You think I did something wrong? Maybe I'm too pushy or maybe she doesn't like me or..."

Sebastian cut me off. "Chris! Calm down! I never saw you like this before!"

"It's because I never felt like this before Seb!" I sighed looking at my phone.

"Maybe she's just busy shopping with her friend." Sebastian reasoned.

Maybe he's right, wait! "How do you know she's shopping with her friend?"

Sebastian looked nervously at me. "Uhh, you said it yourself yesterday, remember?"

"Oh yeah."

"Come on! We're going to distract your mind for a bit! We're going to Renner!" Sebastian exclaimed.

"Why Renner? Can't we just stay here and do something?"

"No, we're going to visit Renner. You know how I love his ping pong table!"

I sighed. "Ok, but I'm still mad at him for yesterday. What was he even thinking?"

"I'm not interfering in that Chris. If you want to punch than punch him but I want to play ping pong!" Sebastian said.

"I'm going to change, ok?"

"Sure, take your time." Sebastian answered.

Seb's p.o.v.

Winter bear🐻:
Ok guys
Chris and I are coming

Hawkguy:
Sebastian
Why did we spend the whole morning on
making those special codes if you're not using them?

Winter bear🐻:
I'm not doing this

Iron grandpa👴:
Even I agreed to do it
So you are doing it Romanian plum

Winter bear🐻:
I still don't get it why you agreed on doing this Robert!

Hawkguy:
Because it was my awesome idea!

Iron grandpa👴:
Just do it

Winter bear🐻:
Ok
The package is almost on it's way
Be ready to receive it!

Hawkguy:
We're ready to receive it
Still waiting on the mailman

Bullet shield🛡:
Maybe it's better to not give my opinion on these 'codes'

Please don't forget to vote ⭐️ and comment 💬!