Chapter 14

Chris' p.o.v.

I quickly changed and told Dodger not to break anything when we were gone, like I always do. The walk to Jeremy's house wasn't too long because we are actually neighbors. I knocked on the door because I know his doorbell is still broken from the last party he hosted, believe me it was crazy.

When the door opened I saw Jeremy smiling at me but not his normal smile. It was more his 'I-have-something-planned-for-you' smile.

"Welcome Chris!" He stepped aside so I could enter. When I looked back I saw that Seb had disappeared. What's going on?

"Get him!" Jeremy yelled.

Before I knew it I was ambushed by Robert, Anthony, Jeremy and Mark. I was forced on a chair at a desk. All lights were turned off and all curtains closed which made the room completely dark.

"So Chris, we wanted to talk to you." Jeremy said while turning on a desk lamp pointing it at me. It's clear he watched too many old school detective movies.

"What's this show about?" I asked them.

"We want to know you thoughts on a certain subject." Robert said while placing his hands on the desk, leaning closer to me.

"What subject?" I was getting irritated.

"Oh, you know it. About a certain love interest you have." Jeremy said.

"About Mel." Robert added.

I sighed. Was all this show just because they wanted to know more about my feelings?
"I thought Seb already told you all about it." I answered.

"Oh, we know. But we want to hear it from you." Anthony said.

"When are you asking her out again?" Jeremy asked.

"Tomorrow evening would be great. Maybe a nice Italian restaurant or something like that." Robert said. It was like he answered instead of me.

"Sounds great! So that's settled. Chris tomorrow evening Italian restaurant." Anthony said.

"Guys! I can do this on my own! I don't always need your help!" I interrupted them.

"No you can't." Robert said.

"Yes I can." I hissed back.

"No you can't." Robert returned.

"Yes I can!" I shouted.

"No you can't!" Everyone said.

"Look Chris, we're only helping you." Mark said.

I sighed again. "I don't really have a choice, do I?"

"No." They all answered together.

"Let me explain my plan..." Anthony said.

Mel's p.o.v.

"You have more eggs somewhere?" Hayley asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah, let me take a look." I opened the fridge and started searching for the eggs. I found them hidden behind the leftovers from yesterday. "Here you go"

"Thanks." Hayley said.

Yeah, you got it right. Scarlett, Hayley and Lizzie are in our apartment, I still don't know how it happened but I'm not complaining. They are really fun and so down to earth even though they are great actresses. Scarlett, Jason and Lizzie were currently sitting on the couch talking about something while Hayley and I were in the kitchen. Hayley was making her 'famous pancakes' that everyone loved, according to Lizzie. I still don't get what you can possibly do to get pancakes special.

"You need some help?" I asked Hayley.

"No, I'm good. Go and join the others." She said.

When I entered the living room everyone was looking at me. Scarlett patted on the couch for me to sit.

"So..." She started when I sat next to her. "You and Chris?"

I sighed in frustration. "Jason!"

"What? I didn't say anything!" Jason exclaimed throwing his hands up in defense.

Scarlett laughed. "It's true, he didn't say a word."

"Then how..." I asked.

"Oh, we can see it. No words needed." Lizzie said.

"So you like him?" Scarlett asked.

I started to blush. "Honestly, yeah. I like him." I said.

"That's my girl!" Jason said happily.

I laughed at him. He was so happy, I still don't know why. It's true that I like Chris but I'm also afraid. I never had anything serious with a guy before and I'm not sure if I want it. Yeah Chris is kind, charming and let's not forget good looking but what if he turns out to be some sort of different person when you get close to him? Maybe I was just being paranoid, all thanks to that person I once called 'daddy'.

Seb's p.o.v.

"So where were you when I was interrogated?" Chris asked me when we entered his house again.

"Like I said, I wanted to play ping pong. So I did." I answered him.

"You played alone? Or was there someone else in the house?"

"I would love to chat with you all night Chris but I need to go somewhere!" I quickly said making my way out. "See you later Chris!"

I wasn't lying to Chris. I did play ping pong and I really have an important appointment but I can't tell him with whom I played because he can't know that they are helping us with the next step.

Please don't forget to vote ⭐️ and comment 💬!