Chapter 3- The One I Want

Xavier's POV

                Why is she so scared?  Why does she hate me so much?  I ponder these questions in my head as I walk down the hall to our dining hall.  Other Y’s and a few wives pass me in the hall, calling out greetings.  I merely nod in response, my mind still back on the girl in room 77.  I don’t even know her name.  All I know is that she is terrified.  All the other girls here don’t hate me, don’t hate us.  So why does she? 

                Changing direction, I head to the control room, staring at the screen.  I type in room number 77, and see the girl sleeping.  She is about 17 or 18, if I had to guess.  The perfect age.  She has long, pale blonde hair and bright green eyes.  Freckles play across her nose and cheeks, making her appear young and innocent.  Her body is thin and willowy, but she is stronger than she appears.  I found that out last night. 

                “Finally found one you want, eh Xavier?”

                I turn around at the sound of my best friend’s voice.  “I don’t know yet, Zack.  This one is different.  She, well, she hates me.  Us, our kind.”

                “Does she now?  Well that sure is interesting.  I’ve never known a girl that isn’t affected by your charms.  Mind if I go speak to her?”

                I bite back a sharp no before it can slip out.  “Sure, go ahead.  Just remember to be nice.  She is… fragile, you could say.”

                “Got it man.”  Zack heads out the door, and I watch the screen.  The girl looks younger when she sleeps.  She whimpers, and I turn up the volume. 

                “Momma, Papa.  Help.  Help.  ” Oh shit.  I feel horrible.  She hates this place.  Just then, Zack slips into the room and crosses over to the bed.  He reaches out and touches her hair, fanned out across the pillow.  “Papa.”  She slowly opens her eyes, blinking a few times.  A look of horror spreads across her face upon seeing him.  Zack steps back and smiles gently.

                “Who are you?”  She shudders, and recoils backwards, obviously startled at being found asleep. 

                “I am Zack, but more importantly, who are you, my little darling?”

                “I am not your ‘little darling.’  Get the fuck away from me.” 

                “Just tell me your name, and I’ll leave.”  She ponders this for a moment, sizing him up.  I don’t like how Zack is handling this. 

                “Sara.  Sara Montgomery, now will you leave?”

                “Yes.  Goodnight Sara Montgomery.”  Zack bows low, then backs out and closes the door.  A minute later he is back in the control room.  “Well, that didn’t go to bad, now did it?”

                “I guess not.  I still can’t believe she told you her name though,” I say, hating that she seems to trust Zack more than she does me.  

                “I get what you mean about her hating the Y’s.   She only told me her name to make me leave.  I wonder why she hates us so much.”

                “I have no idea.  But I plan to find out.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhh, Chapter 3!

You know the drill, vote and comment.  :)