Chapter 20- Little Pig

I tried to paint you a picture, the colors were all wrong
Black and white didn't fit you and all along,
You were shaded with patience, your strokes of everything
That I need just to make it, and I believe that...
Time can tear you apart
But it won't break anything that you are, you are

We won't say our goodbyes you know it's better that way
We won't break, we won't die
It's just a moment of change
All we are, all we are, is everything that's right
All we need, all we need, a lover's alibi

Every single day that I can breathe, you change my philosophy
I'm never gonna let you pass me by
So don't say your goodbyes you know its better that way
We won't break, we won't die
It's just a moment of change 

~OneRepublic

~All We Are

______________________________________________________________________

Alice’s POV

After Xavier ends our conversation, I stand and pace around the room, searching for any possible exits as my mind struggles to keep up with my frantic thoughts. 

Do I love him? 

Should I love him?

Am I already in love with him?

I know it’s probably not the best question to be asking myself right now.  Most teenage girls would be freaking out, crying, fainting, screaming, or some combination of all four by now.  Oh, but not me.  Me, I’m having a heart-to-heart with my emotions right now.

Easy on the sarcasm there, Alice. 

Great, now I’m talking to myself.

After about an hour of extremely thorough searching, I have found nothing. 

I fall back onto one of the large black leather couches, brushing my hair out of my face. I start to finger comb then braid it.  My mother used to braid my hair in pigtails when I was younger.   Little activities like this just help to calm me. 

While I don’t like the fact that Xavier and I have a mind-connection, I have to admit, it sure does come in handy right about now.  I wonder how long it’s going to be until Lucifer comes back. 

I just hope Xavier can get to me before he does. 

I glance at the clock on the wall and kick my foot against the arm of the couch in frustration.  I still have another 2 ½ hours to go.  Getting to my feet, I stand and start moving in ever- widening circles over the thick Abusson carpet. 

I cannot sit still in a time like this. 

I need to move.

I need to think. 

There is only one other door.  I open it and see a huge black bed.  Hurriedly, I slam the door shut and close my eyes tightly, inexplicably afraid of the seemingly harmless object.  I open my eyes and turn to see Lucifer standing directly in front of me.  I let out a small scream and jump backwards, only to hit the door behind me with a hard thunk.