Chapter 23/Epilogue-The Wedding/ Your Devil

~Not sure how many of you actually read them, but could you please read the note at the bottom!!! Es muy impordante!!~

~And I'm so sorry for not uploading in like... 5 weeks!~

Making my way downtown

Walking fast

Faces pass

And I'm home bound

Staring blankly ahead

Just making my way

Making a way

Through the crowd

And I need you

And I miss you

And now I wonder....

If I could fall

Into the sky

Do you think time

Would pass us by

'Cause you know I'd walk

A thousand miles

If I could 

Just see you

Tonight

My mom, Emma, and I continue to get ready, trading stories the whole time as Emma works on my hair.  She pins the upper strands of it back with a beautiful blue hairclip that was my mother’s.  I feel tears pricking again but push them back, not wanting to be crying before I even start walking down the aisle. 

It was a bit awkward at first as I gave her a quick update of my life since she was taken.  It’s like talking to a stranger I just met in the street, albeit one that I love dearly.  I just hope we can somehow bridge this gap that exists between us. 

She tells me about how she was kidnapped and made to be a cook in one of the larger covens in Georgia.  She was not abused like all of those poor girls at Lucifer’s compound, but she was not allowed to leave either.  The tears start trickling down my face despite my efforts of blocking them as she tells her story. 

Emma and my mother’s looks of sympathy threaten to force more tears out of me.  “Hush now, baby.  Everything’s going to be alright.”  I nod shakily and make a concerted effort to wipe away the tear tracks from my cheeks.

“May I come in?” Dimitri calls out from the other side of the door.  Emma opens the door and a wary-looking DImitri steps through. 

I don’t blame the man.  This much estrogen and tears in one enclosed space would be enough to send even the hardiest man running for cover. 

“Alice, my dear, you are beautiful.”  He clasps my hand and brings it into the crook of his arm, lining me up on his right.  “I always wanted a daughter as pretty as you to dote upon.  I guess I finally got my wish.”  He smiles down at me gently and I give him a watery smile in return. 

We walk out of the room and start walking down the long hallway.  I can hear soft chattering coming from somewhere ahead and take a deep breath to steady my nerves.