Can You Hear Me?

A/N-Make sure you read at the end of the chapter. Some very important news for you guys!

Copyright 2020 by TheShonelleAct

(Title and Cover may be subject to change) All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or any means, or stored in a database retrival system, without the prior written permisson of the author.

"Did she move today?" A feminine voice cracked. It sounded like Lena, she would be the one out of our entire friend group most likely to cry.

"No, she hasn't yet." I could tell it was a male voice that time but what surprised me was the same croaky sound Lena's voice had. I think that voice was my fathers.

Where was I? And why couldn't I move? I could feel my finger tips on top of somewhat scratchy blankets. I could easily hear the beeping noises. Was I in the hospital?

"Well.. do you think you can call me if something happens? I don't think I can stay any longer." There was some shuffling noises and a clank. "I'll just leave these flowers here. She'll get a kick out of them since they're violets." She laughed a little. "Oh and tell her that Scarlett sends her love. She'd understand why she couldn't come."

Scarlett's father passed away from cancer six months ago. She was really close to him and never really liked hospitals. I don't blame her for not coming.

"I'll let her know. Thank you for coming Lena."

A hand touched mine and if I could move limbs I would have jumped. "Sweetheart. I just wanted to say how much I love you. I want you to know that me and your mother are going to cut back on some hours with work so we can take care of you and your sister." For the first time in my life I heard my dad sob. I didn't know how to feel about it. I only wished I could squeeze his hand back.

"I have to go. Your mother is at home with Sherry because it's pretty late. But you have someone here that will make sure your doing okay." I felt my dad's lips faintly touch my forehead. Oh dad, I love you too.

I barely even remember what happened last. I just remember talking to Elliot's mom and then all I get a big black canvas of nothing.  Who knows how long I've even been here.

"Can you get her a change of blankets? She hates the regular hospital kind." A younger male voice said. "You know what? I brought some so forget it. Thanks though."

The blanket was pulled over me swiftly and was replaced with a much smoother cover. I felt instantly warm as this person tucked me. The only person who knows how much I hate hospital blankets is..

"Typical Purple. You just had to run in the streets like a crazy person." Elliot said with a bitter tone. I felt my my fingers twitch but I didn't control it. "Violet I'm sorry. I shouldn't have ignored you like this. You never run, you're the most laziest person ever so I'm assuming you ran because a lot was on your mind."

"Violet, I promise that when you wake up I won't bother you about the truth anymore. I'll just continue being your friend. Or maybe you don't even want to be my friend which will... well suck. But if that's what you want me to do then I'll do it. Before I do I just want to say.."

He stroked my arm. Surprisingly enough I felt the chills it brought to my body making my heart beat hard against my motionless body.

"I still love you. I guess that's why I was trying to tell you the real reason because I thought, that maybe you would want things to be like the way before. You were just so headstrong about me not telling you and I really wanted to be with you again so I kept pushing it. I kept pushing you and now you're in the hospital... I am so sorry Violet. I promise from now on we'll just be friends. Nothing more, nothing less. I'll be with Madison and never bring it up again. No matter what. And if you want like I said, we could see each other even less."