You Didn't Have To Do That

Copyright 2020 by TheShonelleAct

(Title and Cover may be subject to change) All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or any means, or stored in a database retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the author.

We pulled up to a quaint little house surrounded by trees. I sniffed the air loving the oak and pine smell. When is the last time I've been around nature like this? 

Sean opened the door for me and I hopped out giving him a appreciated nod. He smiled in response.

We walked down the path and Sean knocked on the door. "What no keys?" I said raising an eyebrow like a disapproving mother. He smiled sheepishly, "I didn't know I'd be home this early. My keys are in my locker."

Before I could respond a tiny blonde haired boy stood before me. He looked up at Sean and me questionably. "Hey Sean! Is this her?" He pointed at me and Sean nodded. Tiny arms wrapped around my legs and I held onto the doorframe for balance. I laughed and patted his head. "This is Jake. My little brother."

The little boy let me go and puffed out his chest. "Actually I'm not little anymore so I am suppose to be called big, Sean you promised." Sean put his hand up in surrender. "Your right I'm sorry, This is my big brother Jake."

I stuck my hand out for him. "Nice to meet you Jake. I'm Vio--"

"Sean's girlfriend, I know. You two should come in because I'm staring to get cold." I noticed his tiny Spiderman boxers and a white thin t-shirt.

We both walked in and Jake shut the door hopping on Sean's leg where he stayed their contently. I crossed my arms at Sean but couldn't fight away the smile on my face. "Girlfriend? You knew I was going to say yes before?"

He put one finger up. "I hoped you would say yes."

"And you just went ahead and told your brother." Sean was getting cuter by the second. He shrugged by smile back at me. Jake tugged at Sean's jeans. "Sean! Can I have a cookie? Mom told me to ask you when you got home and I know that takes forever but your here now so I want to know what the answer is."

I closed my mouth to kept from giggling.

"Yeah sure buddy go ahead." Jake did a victory dance before dashing off to the kitchen. "He's cute."

"You're cute."

I blushed. "Are you going cheesy on me Sean?"

"Never." He answered. I looked around the house and noticed not much different from the outside. The color in this particular room was a dark green which was nice with the wooden theme. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that this family looked the outdoors.

I peeked in the dining room and the living room. The dining room had a huge bouquet of flowers on the table and it was already set. It was very homey and I even felt comfortable.

"Sean? Is that you?" A voice carried into the room and my head snapped to the top of the steps where a frail yet beautiful women stood looking at us. A kind smile spread across her face. "Hello, I didn't realize we were having guest."

I opened my mouth to say something, anything but no words come out. I know the last thing I wanted to do was throw a pity party for his mother but I couldn't help it. She looked so weak and sad yet her eyes shined brightly her well kept youth. Sean stood beside me saving me from the world most awkward moment.