Let's Get This Started

Copyright 2020 by TheShonelleAct

(Title and Cover may be subject to change) All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or any means, or stored in a database retrival system, without the prior written permisson of the author.

As Scarlett scribbled a huge check on her paper I smiled happily. This party was coming together nicely. We already had our guest list (Thanks to facebook statuses of all three of us including Elliot surprisingly enough) and we know who's providing the liquor. Our very own Lena. She didn't drink too much but her siblings did a whole bunch. So she had to do a long list of chores in order to get the drinks but according to her it'll be worth it.

      But I still felt like we were missing something.

  Scarlett licked her rosey lips and I stared in awe. I don't have feelings for her in that way but her lips were her best feature and even I caught myself staring. Was that werid?

   Nah, in fact I'll tell her right now. She loves a good compliment.

"Your lips make me question by sexuality just a bit there friend." I said honestly. She winked playfully at me. "Completely understandable." She crossed to the lving room and I followed behind her shaking my head at her vain attitude. "We can have the DJ in here. You think Mason will bring better music this time?

   Mason Wood has always been our go-to guy when it comes to music. Mainly because everyone else in this town was tone-deaf when it came to good music. Mason wasn't horrible his music kind varies. A little too much.

  "Since we're paying him this time it should be better." I muttered. She nodded. "And you said the liquor is covered right? By Lena?"

   I nodded. "Yep. Our little intelligent princess is going to bring a whole bunch of her siblings stuff. And some winecoolers too for the lightweights." I pinched her side and she swatted my hand away. "Please, I only got drunk that one time." she said.

   I rolled my eyes. "Yeah that one time. And the time after that... and the time after that.."

  "Anyway!" She shouted narrowing her eyes at me, "Do we have everything in order and who's coming exactly?"

    I scratched my head. Who really knows how many people come to a high school party? It's not exactly an birthday party event. "I'm not sure. I know you, me, Lena, Mason, his group, Sean-"

    "Wait, Sean is coming?"

    "Yep."

    "And Elliot's coming?"

    "I'm pretty sure yeah."

    "And your having those two in the same room?"

    "What are you getting at Scarlett?"

   She shrugged her shoulders and put her clipboard on the couch. "It's just...." I tilted my head to the side. "It's just I don't want anyone to get hurt."

   I softened a little. "I'm not going to get hurt Scar, I'll be fine."

  "It's not you I'm worried about. It's Elliot. I don't want to see him hurt."

Okay, now I'm lost.

"Huh? How would he get hurt?"

   She sighed. "I haven't figured that part out yet but I don't like this vibe I'm getting. Something bad if going to happen with all three of you there." Her eyes burned into mine and I got even more confused. How could he get hurt?