25- Epilogue

It's Saturday morning when Emma knocked at Harry's door. "I'm sorry I didn't you were here" Emma said, with a hesitant voice, when her eyes met Harry's who was standing in the end of the hallway, after that Anne let her come into the house. She had greeted her with her usual kindness and caring smile that she had the secret of.

He was carrying Carlie in his arms, and was patting her back softly. "This is my house" he said, harshly, but Emma couldn't blame him. He hadn't changed his demeanor towards her for two weeks, since she left.

She removed her coat, putting it on the rack against the wall, and came to see Carlie, kissing her cute chubby cheeks. Since Emma left the house, she was seeing her daughter at Harry's, because it was more convenient as all baby stuff were there. But the tension between them was still palpable, and nothing had been solved yet. So it was always a bit stressing when they meet.

"Harry" Anne sent him a stay calm and be polite look, but he simply rolled his eyes saying whatever, walking over Emma, and put Carlie in her arms.

"See you tonight" he told his mother, avoiding Emma's glare, but as he was by her side, she grabbed his upper arm. "Can we talk?" she asked, with pleading eyes.

She didn't know where the strength of talking to him came from, because she kept overthinking everything, and didn't know how to fix this, where to begin with. Maybe now was the time.

Harry stopped, seemed hesitating. Unsure of if he was ready to talk to her, without shouting at her. But it worked, as she asked, he took a look at the little girl sucking her dummy adoringly, with her two little pigtails, and he nodded. It couldn't hurt right.

So Emma gave Carlie to Anne, after kissing her cheek, and Harry and her went upstairs, to have some privacy.

"So?" he frowned, and sighed, while sitting on the edge of the bed, in their bedroom. He was patting his jawline in frustration, an arm crossed over his chest, waiting.

She ran her hand through her hand, before speaking. "I just needed to get out of the house, not of your life Harry" she confessed, staring at her fingers, she was pacing back and forth into the room, slowly. "I couldn't have left her or you, you know that, I called you right away when I was at my mom's, I just knew if I had talked to you, you would have convinced me to not do this" she kept going, trying to explain what and why she did it.

He lifted his head to look at her. "What do you think I felt, when I saw that you took your clothes, and didn't pick up when I called you?" he asked with obvious sadness in his emerald green eyes. He had bags under his eyes, as he was exhausted after everything he went through. "I'm sorry but I don't understand, I don't understand how you walked away from us." He said in harsh tone. He had been hurt.

"Us? Because there is still a us?" she asked, showing how lost she was. "Fuck Harry I love you!" she snapped, her arms falling on both sides of her waist. "The way we acted towards each other since Carlie was born was unhealthy for me. You hadn't touched me for months. I was so depressed you even barely look at me." A pearl of salty tear escaped her eyes, making her stop in her monologue. That's when it shot Harry. She looked sincerely hurt, and he knew that it was his fault on that point.

He stood up from the bed, and went over her, brushing the tear with his thumb. "Don't cry" he whispered, and her eyes locked with hers. "I'd never meant to hurt you, to leave you, both of you". She replied with low voice, looking at her feet. "I just needed time to think, to breath, put my shit back together to fight for us" she continued. "When you went to that Another Man event, and I stayed home, seeing the picture of the gorgeous girls there, the one on the picture taking your hand, it made me feel like I wasn't enough". She let out a breath, and took a long one before continuing. "You were fucking hand in hand with her, people saying you were with her, it broke my heart, like you were only seeing me as the mother of your daughter, like you felt trapped, and needed fancy girls again" She finished, and her hands were slightly shaking after spitting out everything she had on her heart.

"It was Jeff's girlfriend" he sent her a reassuring smile.

"And how did I know? It's not like I was stuck at home with a toddler" she pushed away Harry's both hands which were cupping her cheeks, and stepped back. She was on the verge to sob.

A shot of guilt spread into Harry's body, as he knew that he had made so many mistakes with her. Both of us had made mistakes, they were so young, and everything happened so all of sudden. He hadn't handled the situation for the best, and he was aware of it, all of this was just a false start, he just needed to admit it to her.

"Never below yourself in front of me" he replied. "Emma, you're absolutely beautiful, you're more than enough". Then he pressed he lips against hers, and she felt like elevated. The igniting feeling invaded both of their bodies, hearts and souls.

Their chests starting to move up and down, as they were breathing heavily, and they stayed forehead against forehead for a few seconds, hands intertwined. "I fucking love you so much" Harry told her, and she let out a soft laugh at his choice of words. He joined her, a slight smile appeared on his face, and his heartbeat started to race. Feeling her this way was making feel good and happy. He needed the closeness.

"I'm sorry for having messing things up". he confessed, remaining in that quiet position with her. "It was false start; all I need is you." He added.

"A long way from the playground" she giggled, and he laughed, a bigger dimpled smile on his face. "Hey that was my song" he retorted playfully "Don't turn my words against me" he joked. "It was about me!" she pointed out. "You owe me royalties" and he laughed again, taking her in his embrace, and hugging her tight, kissing the top of her head. Smelling her hair, he missed her so much.

"I love you" he said.

"Good" she took a pause. "Because I have my luggage's in the trunk of my car" she chuckled, his cheeks against his pecks.

Harry broke the hug and kissed her once more, before locking his eyes with hers, his smile growing on his face. His eyes were sparkling with happiness, and hers were the exact same.

"Fine, let's go get them"

THE END