Dusk

[Prom Night]

I laugh as Fisher lifts me off the ground and spins us around, mouthing the words to the song that's blaring from the speakers. I wrap my arms around him as he gently lowers me back to the ground so I can stand, and look fondly into his eyes.

The song slowly fades out, and I tug on Fisher's sleeve and motion towards the back doors. "Let's go out for a little bit, I need some fresh air." I say and he nods, following me out. We go outside to the back field and Fisher sits down, then pulls me down into his lap.

"We don't always have to sit like this." I giggle as he kisses the back of my neck.

"But I like it..." he whines and I roll my eyes.

"Fine." I huff in a fake annoyed tone.

He laughs, then we fall into a comfortable silence just gazing at the stars. Fisher rests his head on my shoulder, and I sigh happily then lean back into his chest. The music coming from the school gym is echoing across the empty field, but it's actually nice background noise.

"Can't believe school's over." I mumble "The rest of our lives are starting tomorrow, there's going to be so much happening. This year was crazy. I felt like it was going too fast, then too slow... I feel like I haven't learned anything."

Fisher chuckles and kisses my cheek "As long as we're happy now, that's all that really matters to me."

I sigh happily "Yeah. I guess so."

Fisher leans back in the grass and I roll over on his chest, so he's lying on his back and I'm lying on him, looking at one another. I lean down and press a soft kiss to his lips. He smiles and sighs happily, just from one little kiss.

I want to cry tears of joy because of this. These past few months that we've been in a relationship, Fisher's been perfect. There's nothing but love in his actions. He never takes it too far, never trying to force his tongue into my mouth, never shows any signs that I'm not giving him enough, he is the most caring and considerate person I've ever met and I couldn't ask for anyone better to be my best friend/ boy friend.

"What are you thinking about?" Fisher asks suddenly, brushing some of my hair out of my face.

I smile and kiss him again "Just you, and how perfect you are."

He snorts and rolls over. I squeal as I slide off him and onto the grass, I try to look angry with him, but I can't help the little laugh that escapes my lips. "I'm perfect?" he asks "You're the one who's perfect D."

"Don't be cheesy." I say as I roll my eyes.

"I'm not being cheesy!" he pouts.

I shuffle closer to him and kiss his forehead "I know. If anything I'm the cheesy one."

"We can both be cheesy together."

We fall back into silence again, looking into each other eyes as the stars twinkle above us. I go back to thinking about everything that has been going on recently.

When Fisher and I first kissed that day, we decided that we were official. I came as a shock to everybody around us actually, because we didn't even bother trying to keep it quiet or private, so we were suddenly holding hands, kissing, wrapping arms around each other, and doing other cute couply things. It was even more unexpected because we told nobody about why we were together. Our parents were also a bit surprised when we told them, but they always knew that it might happen and they were extremely happy for us. We sleep together now too, not in the sexual way though, just in the same bed. The first few nights, I would wake up to nightmares and panic attacks like usual, but I could never calm myself down like I used to.