Decisions

[The Next Day]

I wake up with the sun shining on my face and the birds chirping away outside my window. "Morning already?" I groan to myself, rolling on my bed to see the clock on my bedside table which reads '7:45'. I leap out of bed and rush to my closet 'I overslept!' I scream at my self through my thoughts 'Fisher's probably waiting for my right now! Dammit!' I rush to my window and scan the streets for him. He's not there, so he isn't here yet or left without me.

I hear the door to my room creak as it opens "I know mum, I'm hurrying!" I hear a chuckle.

"Who said I'm your mum?" Shit.

I scream when I see Fisher standing in my doorway "WHAT?! WHY?! FISHER WHAT ARE YOU- I'M IN MY UNDERWEAR!!!" I grab my pillow and cover up my crotch from his eyes "Do you mind?!?"

He just laughs and covers his eyes "You can put on some pants now. I won't peek."

There's a one second pause before I grab my shorts and shirt and throw them on, then grab my shoes and socks "Why are you in my room? How did you even get in my house huh? Did you break in or something?" I grab my bag that's laying in the corner of my room.

"Does that mean I can open my eyes?" Fisher responds, then removes his hands that were covering his face "And to answer all your questions, I'm in your room because you are 15 minutes late, and no I did not break in, I just knocked on the front door and your mum let me in then gave me directions to your room, and a piece of toast." He turns and exits my room "Your shirts on backwards by the way." I hear him call from downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, when we're walking down the road I punch Fisher in the arm and he looks at me in mock horror. "What was that for?!"

"That was for, One: seeing me in my underwear, Two: Eating half my breakfast, Three: Embarrassing me in front of my mum." I respond coldly.

"Awww, is poor D angwy?" he pinches my cheek "All I said was that you wear that shirt everyday, and your mum just happened to find that funny."

"This is coming from Mr. I'm So Cool I Wear Sweaters In Summer." I smack his hand away while smiling.

We laugh and continue walking down the hill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We continue walking at our brisk pace until we reach the school, but the moment we enter the bell rings so we don't get a chance to discuss what we're going to do during gym class. That doesn't stop Fisher though.

While sitting in science class my phone lets off a loud 'Bleep!' indicating that I've got a text, and that jerk knows perfectly well that my phone is never on silent. I feel the teacher shooting daggers at me with her eyes as I glance down at the text.

F : It seems my ankle is still hurting. Meet you in the parking lot next class?

I sigh and turn my phone on silent, then glance up and give the teacher a guilty smile. She is not impressed, but it's technically not my fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next class is gym for me, and I pull out the fake note I had made and hand it to the teacher. He gives me a dirty look and says I can go to the library if I want. Instead of going to the library like he said, I head out to the parking lot where I see Fisher standing around with a bunch of kids I don't know.

I approach them cautiously like a shy dog, until Fisher turns and calls me over. When I come close enough he wraps his arm around me causing a tiny squeak to escape me and I feel a little blush creeping onto my face.