Delayed

When the ambulance arrived the doctors had to drag Fisher from my arms. They tried to leave then, but I insisted on staying with him. I had even threatened to punch the one man. Eventually they allowed me to come along if I called Fisher's parents.

I called Fisher's mother first, told her where we were going, when we would get there and that Fisher was going to be okay. I couldn't bring myself to look at him while I talked, every time I did regret coursed through me. I knew that I had caused this.

I was in the middle of talking to his dad when Fisher woke up. He seemed so confused about where we were, and when he spoke his voice was slurred. I assumed it was because of the head injury.

The doctor gave him drugs while he was talking to me, and he soon fell back asleep. When I spoke to him it was forced, it was so hard not to break down in tears and yell at him for being so noble and taking on three guys.

I finished talking to Fisher's father. The doctor made it clear that she was not impressed with me, and remained quiet while avoiding my gaze. So I was left to look at Fisher's injured body and try not to cry.

I went over scenarios of why Fisher got in that fight as I sat patiently.

Number one : Fisher knows what happened.

Impossible. I cut off connection with him for a reason, so I wouldn't let anything slip. Tyler wouldn't have told him, for he kept using him as a shield.

Number two : Tyler attacked him as revenge.

That doesn't make much sense either. I was told Fisher started the fight.

Number three : Fisher attacked for another reason.

Possible. He could have heard about the spiked drinks, or there was something else that I didn't know about.

Number four : Tyler mentioned something that set off Fisher.

Most likely. He did bark out that he raped me to get Fisher angry. He could have said something deliberately to get Fisher to attack first to get revenge but not get in trouble.

Shit. I then remembered that Tyler had said he raped 'Fisher's boyfriend' which everybody knew was me. How was I going to fix that? Everyone will know!

I pushed that thought into the back of my mind. I can deal with that later.

I looked back at Fisher. Deep down, I knew this was all my fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the ambulance came to a stop, the female doctor stood up and started fiddling with Fisher's stretcher. Then the doors opened and she began to wheel him out. I watched as the other doctors helped her then proceeded to take him inside.

Cautiously I followed them, jumping down from the ambulance and speedily walking through the doors after the doctors.

Then, I was stopped. A young lady around twenty told me that I wasn't allowed there, and directed me to the waiting room.

The fight that I had in me earlier was gone now. I felt tired, worn out, so I nodded and headed to the waiting room. There, I called my parents. I told them what happened and they insisted that they would come, for Fisher is like a second son to them.

Soon enough, Fisher's parents and brother arrived in the waiting room, and ten minutes later my parents arrived.

They asked a few questions, but I asked if I could be alone. They obliged and I wandered off, leaving them to worry.