Faint

I flickered in and out of consciousness. I could hear everything going on around me, but my eyelids felt to heavy to open. Everywhere hurt. My arm was screaming in pain while it hung loosely at my side and my head was numb from being smashed against the ground, but I know once the numbness wears off it's going to hurt like hell.

I could feel myself being held up by shaking hands. When they first gripped me I thought it was Tyler coming back to kill me, but after I heard a few quiet sobs I realised it was Dustin. He had tried to wake me up, but even though I tried, I couldn't.

Dustin's tears fell on my face, and I felt him press his head into my chest. I could hear more people approaching us, many people in fact. I could hear the sound of footsteps come closer, and people were now asking questions to Dustin.

"Is he okay?!" I heard a few voices call out among other questions, then I felt Dustin withdraw his head from my chest.

"DOES HE LOOK LIKE HE'S OKAY!" he screamed "Why didn't anyone do anything!?! How could you all just stand there and watch without getting help?!?!" I felt more tears, then I heard him say more quietly "Why didn't I do anything?"

I wanted to get up, to tell him I was okay, at least just open my eyes, but I couldn't. I felt so tired, so hurt. I just needed to sleep...

I tried one last time to open my eyes, then let myself slip into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I awoke next it was much quieter, but I could still hear a few things.

The first sounded like someone talking into a phone, was that Dustin? Possibly.

The next was a loud beeping noise, which I couldn't identify as anything.

The third was more voices. Not as prominent as Dustin's, but still there. It sounded like two women and one man.

The final noise was something that sounded like an engine. Was it an engine? Are we in a car?

Suddenly I found that I had enough strength to open my eyes. We were in a small white room with medical equipment everywhere. There was two medium sized windows at the back of the room that I could see different things rapidly go by and disappear into the distance.

My brain finally clicked and I realised we were in an ambulance. I looked around and saw Dustin sitting on a chair next to me, looking at the floor and talking on a phone like I had guessed. Another lady was sitting by my head, but I focused on Dustin.

"Dustin!" I slurred. I felt loopy right now. Was I on drugs? "Dustin! Dustin!" I called again.

Dustin looked up at me and looked shocked.

"He just woke up. Hold on." he said to whoever was on the phone, then put it down.

I started to move, to try to get up when the lady in front of me barked out "Don't Move! You'll just hurt yourself more." she looked at Dustin "Keep him relaxed. I'm going to drug him again." she then started searching the ambulance for something.

"Hey Fisher." Dustin said softly while shuffling forwards "How you doing?"

I paused, how am I doing? "I hurt." I said finally.

"Where?"

"Everywhere."

Dustin pursed his lips "Fisher, you need to go back to sleep" he told me quietly.

"No! No, no, no. I need to stay awake..." I felt myself becoming tired again, the nurse must have given me the drugs she was taking about "I need to tell you..."